How can I Improve my SLI performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose

Baseband Member
I haven't run a benchmark or anything so i can't say much of where i'm at now.

8600gt's OC'ed to gts.

I get 20-30 average fps on High in crysis.

All i've done was enable SLI, what can i do to improve?

What is your SLI performance mode on? Try setting it to split frame rendering 1 and see if you get a bit of a boost.

check it in single card and see how much of an improvement it is
8600gt's can not handle crysis very well anyway, 30 fps is suprisingly good

Alright, I changed it to split frame rendering, and with single card crysis, it laughed at me on high, i couldn't go outside, anything. With two cards i can do a relatively large explosion and still do well. (relatively large being 6 jeeps)

the 8600gts is a fairly rubbish card not meant for intensive gaming your best bet would be to sell before the 9 series is fully released imo

Its the 8600GT his talking about, that his got two of them in SLI. But I do agree the 8600GTS is crap.

Or he could just get himself a 3850 or something since looking at the price range the 8600GT's are. His more likely to afford an ATI card instead. The 9xxxx series will be nice. Wonder if it'll be anything new and unique they have in store for the 9800GTX's.

Well. Without suggesting a new card(s) I would say make sure you have the latest drivers. Get rid of any background processes. Keep your cards as cool as possible (since you are overclocking).

I would agree...30fps with those cards is pretty impressive.

When I run Crysis or UT3, I close Everything that doesn't need to run. The only reason I am running what I am, is because one of them was free, so i paid 75 for 2 of them, and they're all i need right now. I'll be upgrading to 8800's or the 9 series when i NEED to. i can run everything i want/need right now with these, and i'm ok with that, just wanted to know if i could do anything to give it a bit more edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom