How to buy a custom computer with bad credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say your current computer is "going as you type". What is wrong with it? Just like a car, it will be less expensive to fix your current one than it will be to buy a new one. I say fix the one you have and then save and work on getting your credit score built back up.

Again, if you paid attention to what I have said, I have a laptop, which is a heck of a lot harder to fix and replace things, so that is not an option.

I guess I do unless anyone else knows any other sites that do financing
Unless any local stores near you will offer you a small-loan, or if you live near a Walmart or Best Buy you could ask them, maybe even try speaking to Newegg and ask them. But if not, which I doubt they would to be honest, then seeing as this computer is supposedly so important and you cannot wait, it looks like Cyberpower is your only option. Like I said, They legally aren't aloud to Fund you For more than they're owed. If you do decide to go with them, that's if you're even approved, always read the small print, that's how they get you.. I haven't ever had to Finance before, I guess I've always been lucky that way, but then again I've always been in employment and have always had stuff paid For me, given my line of work. But Cyberpower as a company are great, you won't necessarily get the best bang For buck, but that's expected when you buy products such as computers From stores or supermarkets. For a reasonable budget, being 500 Dollars, if it's only going to be For a Few years then a computer From Cyberpower will be Fine. Like I said, remember they legally cannot bill you For more than what's legally owed. And if they do, take it up with your local law enforcement.

Last edited:
Why don't you get a cheap single core pc off of craigslist . I see them all the time for $50. less. then you can do the right thing and save up for the pc you really want. This buying on credit is not a good thing, when you state that you can not afford the nice pc that you want at this present time.

My apologies if that came off as sounding rude, but lets face some facts here

Why don't you get a cheap single core pc off of craigslist . I see them all the time for $50. less. then you can do the right thing and save up for the pc you really want. This buying on credit is not a good thing, when you state that you can not afford the nice pc that you want at this present time.

My apologies if that came off as sounding rude, but lets face some facts here
Because, as he's said multiple times he doesn't want to wait and save. I'm sure if he wanted some cheap, poor computer For 50 Dollars on Craigslist that probably doesn't even work or has some parts From the stone age in them that will more than likely be worse than his current laptop, I'm sure he would of already done so. Again like he said, he's in employment and saving, and as this computer is supposedly so important, and as he can't afford it right now he's asking For options about Financing, so when he can afford it next month he can repay his loan.

My apologies if some things I said have came off rude, whether or not it's my business, I hate it when people try and give advice that's not necessarily on topic.

Because, as he's said multiple times he doesn't want to wait and save. I'm sure if he wanted some cheap, poor computer For 50 Dollars on Craigslist that probably doesn't even work or has some parts From the stone age in them that will more than likely be worse than his current laptop, I'm sure he would of already done so. Again like he said, he's in employment and saving, and as this computer is supposedly so important, and as he can't afford it right now he's asking For options about Financing, so when he can afford it next month he can repay his loan.

My apologies if some things I said have came off rude, whether or not it's my business, I hate it when people try and give advice that's not necessarily on topic.

where can you finance a computer or anything that they wont want at least $50 upfront, let alone that per month?

Again, if you paid attention to what I have said, I have a laptop, which is a heck of a lot harder to fix and replace things, so that is not an option.
Actually, I have paid attention to what you have said. What you are really saying is, "I WANT a new computer now, regardless of whether I actually need it or not". It's referred to as rationalizing your pre-made decision.

I have encountered it many times with friends/relatives who insist that they need a new car, often citing how much money they will save (impossible) by buying a new car.

Laptop or desktop, hard or not, it's still cheaper to fix it than to buy new.

Sorry if I come off as rude but it's true whether you agree with me or not.

This is probably going to ruin your credit even more but..........

When I wanted my first credit card nobody would give me one. So, I said I made XXXXX amount of dollars that I did not actually make. I was immediately approved. I paid everything in full so no harm.

I was once called by the bank that wanted to confirm that I made such a salery. I immediately said yes so she said to enjoy the card.

Due to the economy I am paying the minimum of one credit card as of this month. I currently have above average rating. Each card is limited at 4,000.00 -5,000.00.

Obviously, I am not going to max tehm out.

As for finding best price I used pcpartpicker.com. I find that to be really good.

In terms of building your computer, I wish I got a SSD HDD as I was worried at the time of freezing?

On a side note. My laptop was slow as hell, I reformatted it with LinuxMint. If you ignore the loud fan and warm palm rest, it is just as fast as a new laptop. This laptop is ten years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom