How To Build A Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
Okay! i'm gonna be building 3 pc's tonite! so i thought i'd make a log on how to build one for all you new people.. to show you just how simple it really is!

The Cases I'll Be Working W/ and providing pictures

ABS A-Plus Black Pearl

Thermaltake Rock (I think that was the name? BTX inspired design, had purple cd's as the face plate)

and i think some cheap lil mid tower my friend found off the street

I will be showing both Socket (2x) 775, Socket AM2 and maybe Socket 939 depends if my friend lets me take it from him for a while

PARTS NEEDED

MX-2 thermal paste
Phillips head screw driver
zip ties

i think thats about it.. lol
well and i guess all the screws that came w/ the cases

CPU's i will be Installing
Q6600, and 4200+ (both am2 and 939)

Video Cards
fx5500, 8800gt, and 8800gtx

Ram
OCZ Titanium, G.SKill HQ's, and Some ddr667 corsair sticks

motherboards
asus p5n32-e SLi, EVGA 680i A1 (that one will be tomorrow), MSI k8n SLi Platinum, and another MSI 939 board.. don't remember name

power supplies
antec true power trio 650 watt, antec true power 2 550 watt, and a rosewill 500 watt

hdd's:
320gb, 3x 250gb, 74gb raptor

HSF'S: scythe ninja, thermaltake big typhoon, stock amd heatsink, and a tuniq tower 120

optional parts: cathodes, fans, cd drives, and other IDE Devices

i'll be posting tons of pics of all 3/4 rigs in the process of each one on how to install things, definitely should help all you people wondering how this process works... hope this becomes helpful as well as a stickie!

I was actually going to do this when I make my rig... but clever ;)

also Nosboost, I know the middle build is yours, who are the other 2 for?

first 1 is my friend eli, i gave him my video card and mobo for my new 28 inch monitor! so he's taking that, and im' putting it in his thermaltake thermal rock or something like that.. and by doing that, he's getting rid of his old socket 939 rig w/ a 4200+, so i may set that up in my old thermaltake armor.. but we'll see

the last one is for my friend miguel, i just ordered him a socket am2 rig, cuz he wants to start playing cs:s w/ me! haha

and monagi, i'll take alot of pictures of it tonite, i have the black thermaltake armor, that doesnt have the side window, jsut the two air ducts.. it was the "amd" edition for socket F or whatever it was... but its the same exact thing

if you play any games Nosboost, I'll be glad to play with you too, with my new rig and what not... I CAN'T WAIT!!

oh hey, and i think i can get that 6800gs for free for the meantime while i wait for my other means of graphics! lol cuz my friend that got my gtx has no need for my gs anymore.. so i'll send that off for the meantime

ok, that'll do, I did feel really guilty about freeloading $140 of you (until I got my job to pay you back) I'll upgrade to something else when I get the chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom