Home Theater PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicity_27

The Angriest of Amoebas
So a friend of mine wants me to build him a home theater pc, the only problem I have is that I don't know what exactly I'm going to need for it. He also wants the possibility of playing games on it. I'm going to go do a google search to see what I can drum up, but any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

you'll probly want a micro atx case and board. look for a g35/g45 i think you can get those in micro atx. tho it doesnt have to be micro atx. and a video card that has native hdmi out is nice.

Whats his budget?
What does he want to use it for? (i.e. does he want it to be able to watch tv? is it only going to be used as a slave computer with all the media on a main computer on the network or is it going to be a server and have all the media on the network)
Budget?
Size restraints?
You might want to read this KustomPCs - HTPC, Gaming, CarPC, Cooling and Modding Products in the UK ! its a bit old but covers every point.

His budget is 2k. He wants it as a replacement DVD player, and Blu-Ray player. Also there aren't really any size requirements. He is going to be using his 42" hdtv as the monitor, so he doesn't need it to watch tv.

ohh well then with a 2k budget then just pick up a bunch of high performance parts that you would normally use for a gaming pc. i recomend for the video card getting a gtx 260 core 216 or a gtx280. and a q9550. all on a x48 mobo

Also I'll have to check to see if he'll want to use it to record tv or not. So any other list of parts would be cool.

His budget is 2k. He wants it as a replacement DVD player, and Blu-Ray player. Also there aren't really any size requirements. He is going to be using his 42" hdtv as the monitor, so he doesn't need it to watch tv.

a 2k DVD player... I'd still get a TV tuner so you can record shows. Something like this would do well if you have digital cable you want to record.

HD PVR Product overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom