Home Entertainment compy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
Has anyone ever built or us a PC for their entertainment center? I am contemlpating building one over buying some dvd system..

it's very possible to do with the type of technology these days, and it wouldn't even have to be a completely decked out system. go for it!

well.. what type of TV are you using and do you need a vid card or a TV tuner for the video input, also what type of sound card do you need to have a good sound system for it and what processor are you running?

the computer im using is the first one in my sig. it cost about 450 bucks without the video card (which i salvaged from a previous computer). i am using an hdtv tuner (kworld 115) and its connected to a 37" olevia 720p lcd.

i dont need a soundcard, the onboard surround sound on the motherboard puts out a fairly decent sound. also, im using logitech 5.1 speakers.

you can also certainly get away with just using onboard video as well.

Is it possible to hook up the sound to a non computer sound system , say a home theatre system? If not is the logitech sound sytem you use pretty good ?

another Q, I am re-building soon and I am going to have my other comp laying around. Do you think that a semperon 3000+, 512 ram , radeon 9600, with 30 gig HD would be ok to run an entertainment center?

yes they sell some adapters for stereo sound they are usually like 10 bucks it connects from your motherboard to your tv, or alternatively Creative sells an adapter for hooking up your comp to a 5/6/7.1 Receiver

Sweet,
Do you guys think a home entertaiment computer is better than other choices?

I've been using my pc to view dvd's(saved to hd), pictures, and even the net, for a long time now. My pc is hooked up to my 56" dlp via rgb cables. I actually should have it w/hdmi to dvi but that's connected to my 32".
Anyways, the quality I get to my 56 is absolutely awesome! Now, the quality from my panasonic dvd player to the 56" via hdmi cable beats my pc connection but not by much. Most of my friends and relatives that have seen a movie through my pc are amazed by the quality.
I have so many movies saved on my pc that soon I'll need to get another 500g hd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom