Holy Beep Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtk pro l

Daemon Poster
my computer just cut off on me. the temps were getting pretty hot but i didnt think anything of it. but now it wont cut on. what do i do?

specs.
dfi lanparty sli expert
amd 4400+
evga 7800gtx
antec 550w truecontrol
74gb wd raptor.

Umm we'll need more info on what exactly happened. Were you overclocking? Is the heatsink mounted properly? What happens when you try to turn it on? Have you tried resetting the CMOS? Do you get any beeps when you try to turn it on?

well whenever i plug in the power supply you can hear repetitive very soft beeps from it. the psu also smells burnt. i wasnt overclocking i just built it. im starting to think it is a faulty psu. and how to you reset the cmos.

Ok if the PSU smells burnt then the PSU definitely died on you. Don't try turning it on again, it may damage other parts of the computer, but it might already have. RMA the PSU.

wow great, so now it might have damaged other parts. fantastic. ill try another psu and let you knwo what happens. thanks

well looks like im on the way to the store to buy a new psu. antec are gays! gah, right in the middle of bf2. lol. antec isnt gay, it was just a bad psu. thats all.

no, generally Antec make pretty good PSU's...

but anyway. did you have your PSU set to the right input voltage for your area? (some let you switchg between 110 and 220V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom