Holy ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Don't even joke.

Its $166 or so at release, and supposed to drop to $133 by the next quarter.

The OC'ing capability if friggin' awesome for a chip at this price.

dang, i remember some of the earlier overclocks when they came out were maxing out at around 3 ghz. Im on stock cooling too. Im getting ready to overclock, im gonna do it this afternoon.

how does ram limit these crazy Oc's? What if your DDR2 ram divider only goes down so low???

For someone that's about to get a C2D, I guess I should wait a couple of months then? If the E4300 is a budget model, should I still go for a E6300 or E6400 now that it will have a 4MB cache?

spartan1121 said:
3 ghz seems really far for an e 6300, are you sure your not thinking of an e6600?

3Ghz + is really easy, and common. Just be sure not to sacrifice stability for the sake of higher speeds.

BennyV04988 said:
how does ram limit these crazy Oc's? What if your DDR2 ram divider only goes down so low???

Well, if you get DDR2-800 memory, then you're guaranteed 400Mhz from the memory, which would mean 2.8Ghz from your processor (7x multi for an E6300). If you set a 5:4 memory divider, then you can run the memory at 400Mhz while running the FSB at 500Mhz. 500Mhz x 7 = 3.5Ghz from your E6300. If you RAM divider doesn't go any lower, then that shouldn't really be a problem as 3500Mhz is more than enough, and nothing to whine about. Although, I'm sure there are 2:3 dividers on many motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom