Decided to take advantage of the deals to pull the trigger on my new PC. Please take a look and give me some advice.
I'd like to shave a few dollars off but mostly i need advice on what board to get. There is a combo deal...
Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com
That would get me the mobo and CPU a lot cheaper. Does this look like an ok board?
Total in the cart for all of this with the combo deal instead of the mobo i have on the wish list is about $1763. I don't have a max budget per say but i still want to good value for the money.
Will there ever be a time in the life of this PC when i would want to go over 16GB of RAM? Should i consider going with 2x8 instead of 4x4?
A few notes:
1. The PSU is overkill but its a good price (i think) if you see a better deal i'm open to it.
2. I could save some by going with a smaller SSD but that is a sacrifice i am willing to make as i want my main game library on my SSD (despite the cons).
3. I have read a lot of good things about the monitor but if someone has a suggestion for a better one around this price point i'd love to hear it. (it will mostly be used for gaming and office work.)
4. I'll probably add a second GPU down the line and two more monitors.
5. I'm not window shopping at this point. I will probably order this tomorrow unless i talk myself out of it.