A Holiday Gift for all types of Gamers : BYO

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
FLANKER! Stop trying to create arguements in this thread. I don't want this thread locked. Move on.

You're continual annoying, obnoxious behavior is completely childish and uncalled for. Like i've said like four times, GROW UP.

I've messaged (2) of the MOD's about your behavior because i'm tired of it. Hopefully they will take the proper action.

And THIS comes to us from the guy that just told me to stop flaming. And NOW I'm pissed. So lets look at where the flames in this thread have started eh?

P.P. Mguire said:
Its for noobs who dont know any different, not for a hardcore gamer. If your THAT hardcore then you already know whats better and whats not. Needless to say its not for you so shut up.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Disclaimer: The following Configurations are solely listed to provide readers an example of current popular hardware in gaming PC's today. This is a reference only. By no means is this the end all of configurations. It's merely a guide to building quality PC's with-in a specific budget. this is at the top of the page.

Flanker.
Do you even have a clue what this thread was "supposed" to be about? Have you taken one step back and looked at it? No. You haven't. Because if you did, you'd realize that it's not a freakin' debate thread. I was just simply listing a few configurations that depict "EXAMPLES" of what you can buy with "a specific budget". As a "guide" to what is popular for build your own gaming PC's. I in no way stated, "This is the end all of configurations." - "Buy this or don't buy anything". Did I? No I didn't.

But you seem to think that you need to throw your 2 cents in. Which is fine, if you redirected it in a positive way. Actually configure a PC that you believe is a good build and post it. BUT NO... In your seemingly overly childish manner, you try to put a negative spin on this thread and make it a flame war debate. Grow up. In the last few weeks you have tested my patience with your completely immature antics and your snide remarks aimed towords my threads or posts. If you've got a problem, keep it to yourself.

You as well can read my ode to flanker, because obviously you're both rowing in the same boat.

BColes said:
I love it! Keep up the good work HAVOC2k5 and gaara. I couple voices of reason... finally.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Gaara, that's far too intellegent of a rebutal. People who can't even follow the forum rules of "Signature Files" most certainly can't understand a word you just said. But, hey... good job anyway.

vaderpro said:
I love it! This is great. This is my entertainment for the evening. You guys are so freakin argumentitive esp Flanker and 003........ Whats up with you guys, do you come here to vent your daily frustrations??

BColes said:
It's because you are "that" kid.

So why don't you shut your f*cking ass up and go hide in a corner where mentally challenged people like you belong. I'm getting a bit tired of dipshits coming on here and acting like the shit that they are.

Ban away. :cool:

Any further derogatory remarks made in this topic will be answered with an immediate warning, which will not be lifted until an apology is issued to the recieving party of such profrain comments...this applies to everyone

The warning, if not lifted, will turn into a ban if the offending party does not cease acting irresponsibly

Thank you

havoc - your inbox is full

That's not a flame dude. That's the truth. You are speaking for yourself everytime you post absolute nonsense. You're trying to get everyone to agrue with you, which you've admitted to. "I Try" & "I come here twice a day to vent my fustrations" -

Flanker said:
I got to 1400 posts by being "That Kid" right?

No, you've become "that kid" by your own doing.
Who cares if you have 15,000 posts? What does that have to do with anything?

Oh my...not a flame? So whats your definition of a flame? :rolleyes:

I'M trying to get everyone to argue with me? DID I NOT JUST POST WITH ALL THE FLAME-STARTING POSTS, NONE OF WHICH WERE MINE?

As for the "I Try" & "I come here twice a day to vent my fustrations," can't take a bit of sarcasm can we?

And as for the post count; If I was "That Kid" then I would've quit long before I got 1400 posts. Someone doesn't get that high with being "that kid." Although we might be able to make an exception in your case.

Gaara, you still haven't answered my last question. I'm fine if someone can prove to me that Dual-Cores are THAT good. I'm just waiting for someone to reply.

gaara said:
havoc - your inbox is full

No it's not? It's completely empty?

That's wierd.

And thank you gaara.

Now may-be we can continue working on this thread.

Flanker, get over yourself. Can you just end it? Ok.
Actually i'm going to take someones advice. Ignore on user CP, "flanker" - There problem solved.

BColes said:
now that that's over with. Did you decide on doing any ATI and/or Intel builds?

Yes, i will. I'm hoping that other members will contribute. I don't want to be the only one doing this. I want a community effort.

So let's go.

Gaara, you still haven't answered my last question. I'm fine if someone can prove to me that Dual-Cores are THAT good. I'm just waiting for someone to reply.
Multicore processors are only good (or rather better than single core processors) in multithreaded enviroments...single threaded enviroments will come down to the raw power of only one physical core therefore a 2GHz single core processor will perform faster in single threaded applications compared to a 1GHz multicore processors

That being said, multithreaded enviroments will heavily favour multicore processors unless the multicores in question are significantly slower than the single core in question...to put this into perspective:

You are playing a game with one thread dedicated to the calculation of physics, and another thread dedicated to the actual movement of the objects once the physics are calculated. Compare the performance of an FX-57 to a 4800+

The 4800+ has two physical cores each capable of processing one thread at 2.4GHz a second with 1MB L2 cache. Let's just say it takes 10ns to process one thread at that speed. The FX-57 runs at 2.8Ghz with 1MB L2 cache, let's assume it can process one thread at 9ns

Simple math will tell you that it takes the 4800+ 10ns (maybe 11/12ns if you were to factor in latency) to process two threads whereas the FX-57 would take 18ns to do the equal amount of work...one can see that in multithreaded applications a multicore processor works significantly faster than a single core processor...the same can be said once quad core CPUs are released and applications have 4 threads processed at once

Keep in mind that these numbers are just coming off the top of my head to demonstrate the effectiveness of two slower cores handling two threads at once versus one faster core capable of only one thread

No it's not? It's completely empty?
Check your sent messages

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 551 Prescott w/ HT
CPU Cooler: Stock Heatsink & Fan
Motherboard: MSI 945G Neo-F Socket T
Memory: Kingston DDR2 ValueRAM 1GB (2x512mb)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda SATA 120GIG
Video Card: eVGA 7800gt 256mb PCI-E x16
Audio: Onboard RealTek ALC850 8 Channel
LAN: Onboard Marvel Dual 10/100/1000Mbps
Optical Drive: LG Black DVD/CD-ROM
Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 w/Window
PSU: Antec SmartPower 2.0 400w ATX12v

$1,210.37 S&H not included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom