Hmm I Think Im Lost..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne99

Baseband Member
Hey, Im new and all and this site looks to be really helpful seeing on what Iv read so far. Im looking to make a gaming computer (good one) but Im losing myself in other ppl's posts. So Id like some help otherwise I might end up buying a retail computer game rig at a crazy price.. so Im looking for anyone that can help me, I want a incredible/awesome etc.. game rig. Im willing to spend about 1-5k seeing as price ist all the biggest problem but still cheaper = better, right. I have no clue on what to start with and would like ideas or builds that I can use/buy -(im canadian resident so price varies but when i said 1-5k i mean american, just S&H adds on after awile) Well there I think I explained my problem (me=computer noob lol) Im also wanting to put this together myself just not sure what items to buy..anyhow its 1am and iv got school at 6..dang..thanks for any help.

welcome to the forums, just to get you started,heres some things to look up:
DFI lanparty type mobo, one with SLI
AMD 3500+ or better
dual eVga 7800gt's running in SLI
2 gigs of ram
for the hard drives, 2- 74 megabyte raptors (10,000 RMP's)
or 1-250 gig SATA (spins at 7,800 RPM) i think thats the right number its somewhere around there
antec true power 550 watt- it supports SLI.
If you have more questions post them here or send me a IM at skatingandmusic8

If you really have up to 5k to spend, you definitely want to get an AMD dual core processor. (The 64x2 product line.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ce=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=343&Submit=Property

I personally think that the 4200 there is the sweet spot for price/performance, but it sounds like you have more money to burn than I do, so you might even want to jump up a spot or two.

I'd start with that, find a nice MOBO that meets your needs, find 1 or 2 gigs of RAM (2 is better, but 1 is still great - and yuou can always drop more in later) and get a video card (the 7800 seems to be popular around here)... and then you've got the guts of your new rig. Just add case, PSU, monitor, speakers and hard drives.

Since youve got that much money you could afford to buy very nice parts. You should look into these:
7800GTX 512mb video card
X2 4800
You definently want 2gb of RAM.
iam_not_2fast4u's choice on hard drives should be very fast
Get a SLI capable DFI
OCZ powerstream 600W psu
Sound card, dvd burner and other accesories

You could make a very sick computer with the budget you have.

X2 4400+
DFI UT NF4 SLI-DR
2GB's of ram
Maybe two raptors or some 15k SCSI hdds
Lian Lan case
CNPS9500 or the big typhoon
OCZ powerstream 600W power supply
X-Fi
some nice speakers
Viewsonic 2ms 19" LCD MONItor x2 :)
7800GTX512MB if you want 2 then go for it :D

hmm well i was gona get alot of the stuff from newegg but unfortunately they dont Ship to Canada soo.. anyone have any really good sites/cheap/large inventory etc.. that'd be helpful and thanks on the helful posts on what to get atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom