Hmammen going Intel??? Waaaaaaa??? - Page 5 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #41 (permalink)
Console Gamer

Default Re: Hmammen going Intel??? Waaaaaaa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmammen View Post
interesting results....and i know....everyone will think it is ridiculous to spend that much but i really want to. Notice the 2nd place guy used a QX9650 and it was clocked at 4.5 ghz and the first place guy used a E6850 clocked at 4.0ghz. But w/e im going for clocks and bragging rights, and besides, it has 2 more cores.
no offense but i dont see any bragging right in spending over 1K on a processor that only performs a little bit better then a dual core for less then half its price
if anything that would make me feel like crap lol

Red Devil 480 / Corsair R270
Sandisk 960GB SSD / 2x Seagate 8tb, 2x WD 4TB
Old 01-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

i'll definitly pick up the opty. i'm probably gonna put together either a server or a something of the like that i can put it to good use. so hit me up with a pm on a price and depending no how much it is i'll take it off your hands.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
I feel funny...

Send a message via AIM to thirdshiftdj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusan View Post
but you can build an entire PC not far off from the Yorkie performance in terms of gaming for the price of the CPU alone!

I mean, do what you want, I'm just trying to give a reasonable point of view
He did have an Extreme Kentsfield there so its not that far off pricewise. Do I think its expensive? **** yea, but if he's willing to spend that much why not just grab a Yorkfield

edit: Noticed it was an error
Old 01-03-2008, 08:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

in the computing business (for the most part) you get what you pay for..

woah, thirdshiftdj, you live like an hour away from me. LAN PARTY!@!!!@#!&R*
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #45 (permalink)
I feel funny...

Send a message via AIM to thirdshiftdj

I used to live in Pelham but recently moved here this year. Whereabouts are you from?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

OT: Hunter, wth happened to the 7900gs? Did somebody rob it or something>
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 01-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

somebody pwned teh 7900gs!!!

and i'm in southern NH, amherst, inbetween nash and manch-vegas right on 101 and 101a lol.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.Cort View Post
somebody pwned teh 7900gs!!!

and i'm in southern NH, amherst, inbetween nash and manch-vegas right on 101 and 101a lol.
if somebody took it, I swear I'd murder them!!
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

Old 01-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Self Proclaimed Immortal

Send a message via AIM to hmammen Send a message via MSN to hmammen Send a message via Yahoo to hmammen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
OT: Hunter, wth happened to the 7900gs? Did somebody rob it or something>

wtf?!?!?! you never got it? i thought you received it and the dvd drive. wow. OK, UPS is ****ing me over. I contacted them 2 weeks ago and they said they shipped it to the wrong place but they would fix it, then, about a week ago they said they got it to the right place. So wtf? If they left it at your door....is it possible a neighbor could have picked it up?

Posted from my Nexus7
Old 01-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #50 (permalink)

Angry Re: Hmammen going Intel??? Waaaaaaa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmammen View Post
wtf?!?!?! you never got it? i thought you received it and the dvd drive. wow. OK, UPS is ****ing me over. I contacted them 2 weeks ago and they said they shipped it to the wrong place but they would fix it, then, about a week ago they said they got it to the right place. So wtf? If they left it at your door....is it possible a neighbor could have picked it up?
i doubt it man.. people who live around me..... are... maybe they stole it.. but my mom is home like every stinking day.. so.. idk... things are just bad luck for me...

Closed Thread