Hmammen going Intel??? Waaaaaaa???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
Yep, you heard it right. I just cant wait any longer for AMD to sort things out and even if they do, i dont see them beating out Intel anytime soon. I have come to realize Intel does have a much better chip lineup and way better OCers. I badly need to upgrade my s939 system and i just cant wait until the Phenoms fix themselves( as they might have to);) So here we go-

ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard -

Newegg.com - ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Yorkfield 3.0GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 130W Quad-Core Processor -

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Yorkfield 3.0GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 130W Quad-Core Processor - OEM

2x=Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - 230$

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Tagan ATX12V / EPS12V 1100 Watts Power Supply 100 - 240 V CE, CB, cUL, FCC, TUV -

Newegg.com - Tagan TG1100-U96 ATX12V / EPS12V 1100 Watts Power Supply 100 - 240 V CE, CB, cUL, FCC, TUV - Retail

total= alot:)

And i will be keeping my current GPU(8800GT), Optical drives(dvdrw) and hard drives( 2x150gig raptorX). Also, a water cooling loop will be used. Maybe phase if i can get my hands on some more cash and stop spending it on other things.
Any suggestions? Im kinda stuck on the ram, i dont really know what a good stable stick is above 1066, since my mobo will support 1200.

No sense in buying Yorkfield at this point in time...get a Q6600.

As for RAM, get the 6400 ballistix, you can get 4gb for the price of the 1066mhz...

Also that's a nice mobo, but the northbridge gets darned hot...you might want to consider a waterblock to throw the NB in your waterloop. Or perhaps forget the X38 and get a P35 mobo as they run loads cooler and are all amazing overclockers.

Power supply...absolutely no need for that monster. Get a HX520W and call it a day.

I'm sure that RAM will do you fine. I'll be looking to get a pair of those this summer since my stupid Dominator won't boot past 800mhz when I run at 3.6ghz. I'd say the PSU might be a little overkill, but at least you know that it won't fail, and that's pretty good piece of mind considering the money you have tied up in your rig. My OCZ GameXtreme is 700W and SLI certified and does me fine though.

I bet a few people are going to say "omg get a q6600" but once your WC that QX6850, there's no telling how sick it could be. I'm all for it :)

No sense in buying Yorkfield at this point in time...get a Q6600.

As for RAM, get the 6400 ballistix, you can get 4gb for the price of the 1066mhz...

Also that's a nice mobo, but the northbridge gets darned hot...you might want to consider a waterblock to throw the NB in your waterloop. Or perhaps forget the X38 and get a P35 mobo as they run loads cooler and are all amazing overclockers.

Power supply...absolutely no need for that monster. Get a HX520W and call it a day.

I really want a yorky, and everyone has Q6600's, and you know me, i like to be different. Also, it is just a badass chip.

And since i will be doing alot of clocking, dont you think the 1066 crucial would be better? But, i think your right, and 4 gigs of ram sounds good to me.

Yes i will be getting a NB block for my loop. Its actually a double loop, since i have to cool CPU+NB+GPU+GPU.

Maybe 1100watts is a little overkill, but i have alot of needy parts and expensive parts so better to have more power then i need instead of not enough.

I'm sure that RAM will do you fine. I'll be looking to get a pair of those this summer since my stupid Dominator won't boot past 800mhz when I run at 3.6ghz. I'd say the PSU might be a little overkill, but at least you know that it won't fail, and that's pretty good piece of mind considering the money you have tied up in your rig. My OCZ GameXtreme is 700W and SLI certified and does me fine though.

I bet a few people are going to say "omg get a q6600" but once your WC that QX6850, there's no telling how sick it could be. I'm all for it :)

Thanks, and yes, that QX6850 will be a killer chip.

i need a good ram kit for my mobo thats reliable, 4 gigs and a good OCer.

Imo, 1066 is cheap these days anyway. In november 2006, I paid $300 for my stupid 2x1GB of Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 4-4-4-12. And now you can get better RAM that OCs better for $115. Oh, and I would take 2GB of DDR2 1066 over 4GB of DDR2 800 any day.

I really want a yorky, and everyone has Q6600's, and you know me, i like to be different. Also, it is just a badass chip.

And since i will be doing alot of clocking, dont you think the 1066 crucial would be better? But, i think your right, and 4 gigs of ram sounds good to me.

Yes i will be getting a NB block for my loop. Its actually a double loop, since i have to cool CPU+NB+GPU+GPU.

Maybe 1100watts is a little overkill, but i have alot of needy parts and expensive parts so better to have more power then i need instead of not enough.

But if you just wait a little while the other yorkfields will come out for like..what was it? 266 dollars or something?

And the Ballistix 6400 and 1066 are the same things really, they just charge you more. My 667mhz Ballistix do 1066mhz on 2.05v which is undervolted.

As for the PSU....the HX520w is all you will ever need. It's plenty of power. It's enough for 2x 2900xt's and no graphics setup is ever going to draw as much power as those. Remember, power requirements are only going to go down with time.

oh btw, here's a sample of my mad paint skillz to help you reconsider your insane decision on the yorkie

temptemptemptemprw4.png

If your spending that much I would go for the Yorkfield

but you can build an entire PC not far off from the Yorkie performance in terms of gaming for the price of the CPU alone!

I mean, do what you want, I'm just trying to give a reasonable point of view

Ok maybe your right. I am going with this ram

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I am still however dead set on that PSU. I know its overkill but thats what i want. And Tagan is most likely one of the best PSU brands ever. And im getting a deal on it from a local guy, so money is no the issue.

And i am getting this yorky, yes it is expensive but since i am not getting any GPUs i have extra cash for a better CPU.

also....the 6400's only come in 2x1gb? no 4x2gb?

also....lol at your drawing....I know its alot of money, but hey....i havent got a new rig in over 2.5 years!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom