Hitman Blood Money - Hardware upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computernoober

Solid State Member
Ok so let me give you my specs and i want to know exactly what you think i need to upgrade to run hitman. Currently it runs in a very laggy, slow, unfortunate manner so any help would be appretiated.

My Computer:
---------------
Operating System: Windows Xp Home Edition
CPU: Pentium 4 2ghz
Ram: 1gig DDR
Graphics: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Saphire eddition
Sound: Dunno doesn't really matter
Optical Drive: DVD-Rom
Hard Drive: 5.98 GB free space

Recommended System Specs for game:
------------------------------------
Operating System: Windows Xp Home Edition
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4ghz
Ram: 1gig DDR
Graphics: ATI X800 series, nVidia GeForce 6800 series
Sound: Dunno doesn't really matter
Optical Drive: DVD-Rom
Hard Drive: 5 GB free space

So what I would assume is I need a new graphics card by the looks of it. I was thinking

BFG GeForce Ultra Video Card (6800)

If this would solve my problem that would be great to know I dont want to bust out 500$ for something that wont work.

Thanks for your time.

I already have an Asus p4p800 se mobo so would it be better to just stick with ati vid card? I have a 30" LCD moniter.

He didnt really give a budget. Just said he doesnt want to spend 500 bucks for a waste of time.

Doing those things wouldn't be a waste of time at all.

If you're looking for the bare minimum man - to only upgrade one thing - maybe you should try an extra gig of ram.

But it could be a lot of different things. Some of your pieces could be running at low speeds or something could be burnt out. That's a decent system and shouldnt be as laggy as you claim.

Computernoober said:
I have a 30" LCD moniter.
LOL! Bet you wern't expecting that Powerslave! This is a bad time to upgrade, G80, R600, conroe are all about to come out, and even if you won't be able to afford them, they will bring down the prices of the older stuff.

If you have a 30" monitor you better have the best card on the market, or two SLI-d cards to display the game on at decent settings.

ok just let me get one thing straight a radeon 9800 pro should be good enough to run the game smoothly on lower settings? Ill put in another gig i just want to know if you think its my vid card or if its most likely lack of ram.

Not with the monitor you have dude.

dont have such a ****ing badass **** monitor and a **** vid card.

sorry, but thats how i feel about it.

Get the best video card POSSIBLE. I second Alex.

and if you're running a lower reso than the monitor can handle, you're screwing yourself over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom