Hitachi Drives - are they any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
http://www.directron.com/deskstar250.html

There is the link of the drive, an offer has been made to me for this drive. Are they good drive? I have basicaly only samsung drives, I havent had any problems with them. Should I risk my data with this drive?

If not what other brand should I get if not this one. I had one bad experence with maxtor, and so far no problems with my samsung drives.

Not to be a troll...but I only recommend Seagate drives. Hitachi hasn't ever impressed me above being a cheap drive manufacturer.

If you're looking for a reliable, great-performing drive at low cost, look for Seagate drives.

I havent purchased any seagate drives, I have had good experence with samsung drives. I was just wondering if it was any good, it was a cheap offer for the hitachi drive.

I am looking for a new drive, and it would just replace one of my 160gb drives which is used for media storage. Its not for the system drive so it wont be under hard use, just powered on 24/7.

I'm building a new computer and I'm going to go with a seagate 250g:)

So I sure hope seagate is all its hyped up to be:D

Western Digital has been doing well as my primary system drive. I havent tried seagate, but samsung and western digital have been great for me. I would only say stay away from maxtor.

I guess I'll pass on that offer and just go with a new WD drive.

harobikes333 said:
...I sure hope seagate is all its hyped up to be:D
There's no "hype" with Seagate. They make the most durable, well built drives I've ever used. I've got excellent performance from them, both at work and at home.

I even drop-kicked one down a marble hallway once (unintentionally, of course) and it still functioned (still is, matter of fact).

I got a hitachi 7200 rpm HDD for my laptop a few months ago. No problems yet. Although its only a 750mhz and can be beat like 3ghz machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom