His 3870

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
Wow, its only 224 bucks US, thats actually cheaper than the 214$ deal at best buy since i would have to pay taxes. If my board comes in friday doa its getting rma'd again, sold, along with my 2 GTS512s and i'm going crossfire.

Maybe, maybe not. Crossfire seems to scale better than SLI and with crossfire i can actually use my 2nd monitor without stuffing a third card in the machine. Also, i'd be able to get an intel chipset and not have to worry about burning up crappy nvidia boards.

all very true.. and it scales better..but doesnt mean in the final run down.. it is better.. because 8800gtx/gts (g92)/ultra/and even gt are better than crossfire 3870's

and if the 3870 is anything like the 2900xt in terms of performance... its a big difference between that and my gtx...

Most likely i'll just end up just keeping a single GTS512 and getting an x38 board until the x2 cards come out. The gx2 doesnt interest me at all, but the ati x2 card looks promising. 2 of those in crossfire would be pretty sweet.

2 3870's are faster then 2 8800gt, and come preaty much neck a neck in other apps, plus the crossfire actually worcks in more games then sli does, i herd crossfire actually makes a diference in crysis, unlike sli, as vdub has been complaining about.

i really like the look of these cards aswell, i was looking at puttign in some blue uv lights. i especially like the black back plate and gold dvi ports. over all to me this card seems so much more apealing than the other 3870's, iusually found aftermarket ati coolers to be very ridiculous, and funky lookign almost like a water gun lol, this one loosk great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom