hiper psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, on B1gapl's advice, I picked up the Hiper Type-R 580 a while ago. It's an awesome PSU and it looks even cooler. If you can find one, you wont be disappointed.

Does hiper make their own psu's? I swear they look like corsair's or seasonics. If i didnt already have a good psu i would have picked one up for myself. They should have kept that look from the Type-R, guess they thought it looked to much the the Abs tagan models so they changed it up.

The modular HIPER that I have, is the Type R, which isn't carried by newegg anymore, but I did found it over at NCIXUS.com:

NCIXUS.com - Buy Hiper Type R 580W ATX12V V2 24/20 Pin Black Power Supply 120MM Blue LED PCI-E W/ Detachable Cable - HPU-4K580.

To answer taintedplay's PM, yes it can power the quad, 8800GT, 5 hard drives, and such easily....because my HIPER powered a system just like that a few months ago, without a hitch. And it was overclocked too. And Apokalipse, who has the same exact one, powers an overclocked X2 6000+, 2x HD3870s in CF, 6 hard drives, plus watercooling, and 8 x fans.

based on your experience with this and your belief in it would you recommend it over the corsair 520hx

based on your experience with this and your belief in it would you recommend it over the corsair 520hx

I would consider the Corsair to be of higher quality. But that doesn't mean that the HIPER isn't quality. My HIPER has been through 5 systems, without any problems, for around 2 years now. That's why it's in my recommended PC components guide. Plus, it has a better coolness factor.:cool:

lol...Before pics were posted of HIPERs, it was basically unknown. Now you guys want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom