High Performance Pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good build, but you've forgotten one fairly major piece of hardware; a power supply :p

If you want to do Crossfire in future, I'd recommend this:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
If not, then this would be better:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Also, DDR3 isn't worth the price increase when you're working with AMD, the performance difference over DDR2 is negligible. You'd be better off getting an AM2+ board (which is AM3-capable, i.e 780G or 790 chipsets) and DDR2 RAM, you'd save money and it won't really be any slower.

Agreed, you also save a bit from dropping to a 940 phenom and some ddr2 memory. Get the Gskill PI black, it has tight timings which you will benefit from.

^ ya, that will be fine for 1 4980 but you wont be adding another.

and with the speeds the AM3 mobos support the DDR3 ram is pretty cheap. and it's worth it to go with DDR3 now so that 1 year later when DDR2 is phased out you will be glad you got DDR3 in the first place ;)

plus a DDR3 setup would be only like an additional $20 it's well worth it.

and this is a nice alternative to that ASUS board,

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom