high performance. low budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiouxev

In Runtime
i know you guys have seen a million of these threads, but as technology is continue to increase, and prices continue to drop etc I thought it would justify making another one.

Budget is low. Not an exact amount..

that's kind of what I need help with. Im saving for a car, however, my computer does not work etc etc LONG story, bottom line is I need a computer.

I want to spend the least amount I should to get something that will do me good. Meaning I dont want to settle for something lame, but also not go all out.

Basically a great system for a pretty low amount.

So if a certain part of the computer is more expensive, but worth it, that's what I want. That's what I mean by budget. Best for the money.

I will be using this for gaming/school work/internet browsing/ utility I use every day.

The main game I will likely play is EQ2. I would like to be able to play that decently at the least.

Thanks guys.

probably an X2 4200+ or X2 4400+ and a 7800gt will do you well. at least 1GB of ram for eq2. CPU's aren't as critical when it comes to gaming from my experience. eq2 does tack the system though, so a 7900gt if you can afford it would be awesome, but thats gettin a little higher budget. if you can get a 7800 gtx that'd be cool too.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking 2gb as a possibility as well, just because doubling the ram, for, in most cases, only 50 more bucks, well worth it.

But again, it all adds up and ends up higher budget. Im all game for getting a system thats WORTH IT, but i am still saving for a car. So basically what's worth it - to an extent =/

I have about 2000 or more, dont want to spend it all.

Budget, but nice system:

EVGA 7600gt
AM2 ASUS mboard
3800 AM2
GSKILL DDR2 2GBS 800mhz RAM
ANTEC 500W PSU
COOLERMASTER CENTURION 5 CASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom