High Performance Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2C-X

Solid State Member
Hi. I am thinking of creating a OC Team. Maybe start small. I currently have some sponsors and they will be providing some money for it. We still don't know what is the budget yet but if you guys can give the parts for a good OC desktop so we can tell our sponsors what the price range is.

Hmm, tell me a little more about this OC Team. What exactly would be the purpose and such?

Sounds fun though :)

A good OC... you can OC on a $500 machine, or an $8000 machine.

QX9770
9800gx2 SLI
790i Ultra
PC Power and Cooling 750 Quad
Any DDR3 RAM Kit
Custom Made Water Cooling Kit (ask Aspire for some help here)
Add a Case, Optical Drives, Hard Drive

QX9770
9800gx2 SLI
790i Ultra
PC Power and Cooling 750 Quad
Any DDR3 RAM Kit
Custom Made Water Cooling Kit (ask Aspire for some help here)
Add a Case, Optical Drives, Hard Drive

I meant Tri-SLI on that^^

You also have the option of making a cheap PC that overclocks well, like with a 1200$ budget

take Nosboost's build, and take the rest of my build, but use 1 9800gx2, or 2 9800gtx's, and drop down to a PC Power and Cooling 610 Silencer

it really depends what kinda Overclocking you want

i mean you can only take the quads so far.. they're fsb limited

while as the dual core wolfdales can go incredibly far... on just highend water

not to say the quads aren't incredible overclockers there vern.. cuz they still are!!!! but they seem to need more extreme cooling for those incredibly crazy eyepopping overclocks

intel really needs to release an extreme edition dualcore wolfdale.. i can't even imagine what kind of crazy things someone like kingpin or shamino can pull w/ unlocked multi on wolfies!! it would be nuts

or what you could do with one ;)

Well I do know that Quads are FSB Limited, I think you've told me before, plus Wolfdales can stretch like mad!

Um if you guys read the 1st post good it says "start small" so i dont think DDR3 RAM and mobo, extreme edition processor is needed

if u can go w/ extreme cpu, why can't you go w/ ddr3 ????

okay, then lets just go w/ a 9800gx2, asus maximus formula, and a qx9770

or maybe even a 780i as those are incredibly well known for being a master of ram tweaking (if you plan on super pi)

and i would think going for an e8500 instead of a QX would more than save money to get the 790i and ddr 3

if u can go w/ extreme cpu, why can't you go w/ ddr3 ????

okay, then lets just go w/ a 9800gx2, asus maximus formula, and a qx9770

or maybe even a 780i as those are incredibly well known for being a master of ram tweaking (if you plan on super pi)

and i would think going for an e8500 instead of a QX would more than save money to get the 790i and ddr 3

i meant that extreme edition processor arent needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom