High Performance Build Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i like that build except for the power supply, 610W doesnt seem like enough, i was thinkin 700-900W. Maybe the kilwat PSU that PC power and cooling has... I think i'll stick to the Lian-Li case because i have worked with them in the past and i think they're very well made and sturdy. I was leaning toward a 9 series GPU rather then the ATI one but if that's better then what the ****... As for HS/F i think i might just slap a zalman cooler, whatever the newest version of the CNPS9500 is. Thanks! If you guys have any other suggestions let me know!

wattage.. doesn't matter, 12v Amperage does

Zalman's are garbage for the price, its one of those luxury items that are too overpriced like PhysX Cards or Killer NIC's, Tuniq for the same price is way better (also a bit louder, but replacing the fan is pretty easy)

Should go with a maximus over a P5E, the P5E is a stripped down version of the maximus, and since money is no problem the extra 20-30$ is justifiable.

I would also wait to see the benches on the GX2 before you decide on the video card. If it doesnt end up beating the 3870x2 by a large enough margin you could always go with two 3870x2's in crossfire mode :)

what about DDR3 ram. Should i just stay with DDR2 for now? I'll defiantly be looking at the benchmarks across the board before i decide. The 9 series is suppose to be released on the 21st right?

yeah, I say DDR3 and x48 board. If we he wants to stay on top as long as possible.
DDR2 not DDR3, its way overpriced

he said price was no object.

Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS EXTREME LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - OCZ ReaperX HPC 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
wait till those reapers come back in stock and get two.

(hey people, read the review on this. The guy said that his system "feels" faster. What a good measurement of how fast something is. :D
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail)

true, if money really is no object, then go with the mose expensive/overpriced components out there. But if it were me i would stick with DDR2

yeah, I say DDR3 and x48 board. If we he wants to stay on top as long as possible.

he said price was no object.

Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS EXTREME LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - OCZ ReaperX HPC 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
wait till those reapers come back in stock and get two.

(hey people, read the review on this. The guy said that his system "feels" faster. What a good measurement of how fast something is. :D
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail)

I know he did, but whats the point, things are getting outdated quickly, in fact a large portion of that PC will be outdated by July 22nd (if not earlier) but if you want to go all out

go with Invisible's build and add a Phase change cooler :D

theres also the x48 option when it comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom