High end PC build....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohanEA

Beta member
Hi all....
Seems I have found a good forum finally and first thing I will do is to request an opinion from you who might know.

Right... have built two PC so far... Those two used to be high end some 1.5 years ago... But now... Ok, maybe still high end...but I like more, faster and better.

I have made some small picks of what I'd like to put inside the case and here it is....

AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-57 Processor

COOLER MASTER CM Stacker 830 ATX/BTX (Full Tower)

MSI (Microstar) K8N Diamond

x2 XFX GeForce 7950GX2 M520 1GB GDDR3 ExTreme if SLI ready, if not --->

x2 LEADTEK GeForce 7950GX2 1GB GDDR3

CORSAIR 2x512MB Kit (Total:1GB/PC-4300/CL4) 533MHz DDR2-533

ENERMAX EG-851AX-VH 660 watts P.S.U EPS12V

There is no HDD in, I know... But that part i do have already....
So now I wonder, is it compatible...and could it be better....? Something that should not be?
Please advice.

I do not live in US or EU... So hardware sometimes limited.... Anyway, will see if I can find what is suggested...

Thanks,
Eryk Johansson

go intel and get the e6600 Conroe it will beat the AMD fx57 and most likly cheaper. Id try getting 2 gigs of ram instead of 1 and possibly a Nvidia 8800GTS instead of a pair of SLI 7950GX2`s. Although as you said availabilty might be limited so a 7950GX2 will have to do if you cant find other parts.

Also if you go the Intel route you will need DDR2 RAM instead.

Ditch the two 7950GX2s and get either two 8800GTS or a single 8800GTX because I doubt you'd want to spend money on two of those.

yeah you need to revamp that build pretty much completely if you want the best cost to performance ratio.

Thanks for the replies so far.
Good read so far and i do consider the options given.

Without sounding like an ***...or snob, cost is not an issue.... <-- Why does it always sound so bad to type this?
Anyway, I have saved a nice amout of coins for this build and the intention is to get the best possible I can get here locally...
Locally for me is Singapore, so here we do have a fair amout of hardware to chose from....but it is still limited compared to say UK and US.....or will be here 6 months after UK/US has it...

Anyway, I'm watching this thread and thatnk for the input so far :)

Well, could you give us a ball park price? If you are really serious with the "money is no object" attitude, Go ahead and get two 8800 GTX's in SLI, a Kentsfield Quad Core processor, an Nforce 680i motherboard (just look for the chipset, there are a few, there are all pretty much the same, just some are more expensive with more bells and whistles), a good KiloWatt PSU (any brand, if a brand is good enough to make a 1000W, they're probably a quality brand), and throw it all in a Thermaltake Armor case. Also, a few 500GB Drives in RAID 5.

Now, thinking seriously, we would really need a real estimate first, even though the economies are different, we would still be able to help more.

^^ You have a good point there.
Right, I have an budget of about, in US dollars, 5000.
Yup, my Financial Minister a.k.a wife, did approve to this cost.

My hunting ground for components and hardware is http://sg.hardwarezone.com/home/

Now, I do not ask anyone to source for me at that website. I will do it myself and see what they have or do not have. But I need suggestions since I am still a bit of a mini n00b in this area.

Thanks for your input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom