High End Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

backup287

Daemon Poster
Im looking to upgrade my computer all i need is a new mobo and Cpu
i found these and are wondering which would be better?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115017
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115011
or are the Xeon Series any better?

and i found this mobo i think its good and have always liked asus but your welcome to suggest something better
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131074

keep in mind i have basically no budget limit all i need is a super super fast cpu and super super good mobo never mind saving money

The E6600 will overclock just as high as all the rest of the C2D's.... There really is no use going with any other C2D as it is just as fast.

That's a good mobo but why do you need a striker? The EVGA 680i's have the exact same features pretty much. I'm sorry but the most expensive parts do not mean they are the best and fastest, they just make people like you do exactly what your doing and thats put them in their cart becuase they know people with no budget will do that.

I suggest

E6600/EVGA 680i

Sora said:
The E6600 will overclock just as high as all the rest of the C2D's.... There really is no use going with any other C2D as it is just as fast.

That's a good mobo but why do you need a striker? The EVGA 680i's have the exact same features pretty much. I'm sorry but the most expensive parts do not mean they are the best and fastest, they just make people like you do exactly what your doing and thats put them in their cart becuase they know people with no budget will do that.

I suggest

E6600/EVGA 680i

Exactly.... Well Put... Go with what Sora recommended... Waste of $ other wise

Sora has a very good point. The eVGA 680i is a great MOBO, I have it, there is really no need for the striker. Also, I have the QX6700, it IS super fast but honestly, unless you are going to be using Maya, 3DS Max, or some other CPU intensive rendering program, or something like that, there isn't gonna be any point in getting it. I got it because I will be using those programs and it does help with them. They are also very hot and the stock cooler will not keep it very cool. I am in the process of configuring a water cooling system just for it because nothing else keeps it cool. So like I said, unless you are into CPU intensive programs, just get an E6600. Its a great cpu.

So the evga board, but im still unsure of the cpu, the quad core is a quad core, i will be gaming intensely and will expect alot out of the cpu, such as video converting,messangers,downloading clients and an anti virus. (without a hitch while gaming on max, i am very picky)

and i have a good gfx card ready to put in this beast so i dont need any suggestions on a gpu

Actually i can play music, play supreme commander on dual monitors, and dl torrents at the same time. The quad core is just overkill at the moment. I suggest you go with the e6600 and get an 8800gtx along with it. The 7950gx2 is a good card but the 8800gtx blows it away (the 8800gts matches it). I think you would be more happy with the 8800gtx then the quad core. And you can upgrade to a quad core latter when they're not as expensive (the q6600 is supposed to drop to $500ish this summer).

What ive learned from here is:
gaming = better gpu, pretty good cpu
rendering/encoding = better cpu, decent gpu

But if your not going to constantly be converting videos, then the e6600 is good enough. Get a decent cpu cooler like the zalman 9500 or scythe ninja (with a decent fan), too and overclock it, and you will be surprised how powerful the e6600 is. I love myn ;).

Quad Core is no faster than a Dual core at the same ghz. The reason: We have not even fully mastered dual-core abilites let alone Quad!

yes but i often convert vieods for my ipod....
If you're not constantly rendering, go with the E6600. A quad will be wasted on regular computing, which is what you are doing.

Just because you can afford a Ferrari doesn't mean it will be worth spit hauling groceries.

i would suggest getting the new MSI 650i mobo instead of the EVGA it performs just as well and less then half the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom