Hi Def DVD for pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzjess

In Runtime
im wondering when we can expect to see hd dvd players for pc and how much they will be and if there will be any advantages to them vs regular ones?

Well as soon as blue ray or HD-DVD drives come out then I assume they'll be available for the computer......

and the advantage is that they are higher resolution........

I saw this show that had a samsung blueray player (not for pcs) for 1500 bucks.... thats crazy, so im sure the pc ones are gonna be pretty expensive - charlie

And I dont think it would be much good without a compliant monitor and graphics card. I could be wrong there but I dont think so.
Basically if HDCP takes off then its new PC time, however i'm not convinced it will, the EU for example have made laws against putting HDCP in monitors... dont ask me why.

I have an HD-DVD Player, not for PC, I got it for free with my HD-TV and i thought it was one of those cheap dvd players they put in 2 fool ppl, but it wasnt, it was like a ( at the time) $700 samsung HD-DVD player, and its pretty cool, progessive scan and all that s***.

HD-DVD & Blu Ray will also have capacity greater than that of standarad DVD's... I think Blu Ray is supposed to be 43 Gig.... Pulling that figure out of the back of my mind from something I read about the PS3... so it might not be completly accurate.

HD content is just a bigger resolution isn't it? My monitor supports up to 1600-1200. Should be fine right? All I need now is a faster CPU.

"HDCP stands for High Definition Content Protocol and is a copy protection scheme to eliminate the possibility of capturing content sent digitally from the source to the display. The format designed by Intel with help of Silicon Image that distributes the chips to enable the scheme, HDCP enables a secure connection between devices such as DVD players and HDTV set-top-boxes using an authentication and key exchange procedure before video and audio is presented. "

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom