Hi All - Help Needed! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2007, 05:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Hi All - Help Needed!

Hello all, im new here so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place

I have a problem, well....i think its a problem.

I bought a graphics card, it's a GeForce (i HATE ATI), its a dual GPU 1GB 7950 GX2, thing is, when i DxDiag, and even when i get system information using the Nvidia control panel provided with the card, it says im running 512.

Now, originally i believed this was because the display must be running off one of the cards, rather than sapping from both, but surely DxDiag would pick up that it's 1GB? and even more surely, Nvidia should?

So, have i got it configured wrong?, ive got multi-GPU setting on the control panel, i can play the latest high-end games out but massive amounts of different coloured lines appear on the screen, then after about 10 seconds the card either crashes the PC or catches up and the graphics sort themselves out.

Am i only using a single card to play games for some reason?

Here is a link to my DxDiag report:

theres absolutely no way in **** i havent got enough RAM or system resources, this machine was built to destroy games, it's all in the report.

Any help?

Old 09-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Hi All - Help Needed!

First things first, you got the latest nVidia drivers for your card?
Closed Thread