hey new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regret getting my x1950xt. For me I wish I would have bought the cheapest 8600gt I could find (99.99 after rebates I think) and waited until the geforce 9 series came out.

Good choice, very good choice. When you get it post back here and rub it in that you have a card that actually works -- unlike mine haha.

I regret getting my x1950xt. For me I wish I would have bought the cheapest 8600gt I could find (99.99 after rebates I think) and waited until the geforce 9 series came out.

Everyone knows the X1950XT runs very hot and loud. If you don't like noise then you can put a different cooler on later and for the heat you can get a cheap 2 dollar PCI Rosewill fan off newegg that will lower the temps enough for you. The X1950XT has been called the leafblower yes and it runs hot but it is very powerful and as long as you know what you are getting there is no way a little 8600GT could ever touch the FPS it can produce.

--But also for roughly 75 dollars more. and more than 100 more if you add in a better heatsink. I have bought a case fan, but if I spend 30 dollars on a gpu fan... this gpu will be costing me upwards of 200 dollars. why even bother when I could just have bought a 8 series? It's a complete waste in my eyes to do that.

Not to mention this card is giving me horrible artifacts.

Also, the 8600gt might not be able to touch the frames that the x1950xt can produce... but does every gamer need the power of a x1950xt? Some people are satisfied with playing on medium settings at 40 fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom