Hey guys! 2 builds for your reviewing pleasure ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seria

PC Cutie ^_^
I'm helping a friend build a PC, she said she heard about a place called iBUYPOWER(I've never heard of it, i've always used newegg...)
anyways, we sat down and threw a few pieces together and I wanted to know what you though:

even though the IBP build has liquid cooling... I think I like the NEWEGG build better. may be that's because I <3 newegg! )

(I do have 2 PSU's on the newegg build because I don't know the difference between them, so I little guidance there would be great ^_^ )

NEWEGG:
1) I wouldn't get either of those PSU's,
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
or if you want modular
Newegg.com - CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Those are much better with single +12v rails which is much easier...also the top one is new from Corsair

2) That motherboard is 6gb/s...your hard drive is 3gb/s...I'd get a 6gb/s hard drive...

3) That monitor doesn't come with an HDMI cable: Newegg.com - Nippon Labs Premium High Performance HDMI Cable 6 ft. HDMI TO HDMI High Speed Networking Cable A/V Gold Plated

4) Want to go to the 6 series with that GPU?

Also, I don't like iBUYPOWER...so I say give money to Newegg instead. :)

NEWEGG:
1) I wouldn't get either of those PSU's,
k, PSU changed ^_^ thanks!

NEWEGG:
2) That motherboard is 6gb/s...your hard drive is 3gb/s...I'd get a 6gb/s hard drive...
tu che, friend! (HDD fixed ^_^ )

NEWEGG:
3) That monitor doesn't come with an HDMI cable:
yeah, I have a few lying around.

NEWEGG:
4) Want to go to the 6 series with that GPU?
what do you mean?

iBUYPOWER:
Also, I don't like iBUYPOWER...so I say give money to Newegg instead. :)
I know nothing about them, any reasons you have?

OH YEAH!
I think I might need a better CPU fan and mount rather than the one that comes with the CPU... thoughts? suggestions?

^If they ask, which they never have for me. I mean technically OCing voids you warranty too, but they never ask that either.

How urgent is this build? I'd recommend waiting for some 1155 socket mobos to be restocked, it's worth waiting to get a sandy bridge CPU. You can get this one:
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
It's $30 more expensive than the one you picked, but literally wipes the floor with it (especially after a quick OC, these things scale upwards very well with low temps).

Also yeah, I'd recommend getting a 6xxx series GFX card too, 6870 is a good choice.

^you won't have to change EVERYTHING lol, just your mobo. That board you linked to isn't compatible with the newest Intel CPU (which is the one we're saying to wait for). You'll want socket 1155 not 1156. Convoluted I know, but trust me it's worth the wait ;)

They pulled the mobos off the market recently because of a chipset design flaw, that's been rectified but yeah there's just a wait now for the resellers to restock.

Go with an ASUS board. They are already shipping the updated boards according to their Twitter feed on 24 Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom