Memory: 1024MB RAM [Corsair]
Hard Drive: 250 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT x2
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor [Widescreen]
Sound Card: NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio [On-Board]
Speakers/Headphones: Yes.
Keyboard: Microsoft Elite Wireless
Mouse: Ditto.
Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 1 (3790.srv03_sp1_gdr.060315-1609)

Now, I was thinking an upgrade to the video card. I've about $200.00, and after selling the 7600's, I'd figured a 7950GX2 would be a good fit. However, a friend recently suggested I try an FX-Processor thanks to the recent price-slash. Thinking about it more: Perhaps two gigs RAM would be useful? Or grab a sound card to cut down on the load my processor all-ready takes? [I've never had an issue with sound - quality, so, that point is moot.]

What do you all suggest, oh great game-hardware gods?

You got 2 7600 GTs in SLI and you're thinking about upgrading it already? Pah.

Personally the system looks fine and if you wanted to upgrade i'd suggest you wait for DX10 and go with that. However if you wanted to blow some cash, another gig and an X-Fi sound card may do you some good.

Also the monitor? Plug and Play isn't a namebrand, it's a specification(meaning it doesn't need drivers and stuff), i'm assuming it's a Dell, right? Depending on the response time and if you notice Ghosting in games, you might want to consider a new one, but I couldn't tell ya unless I knew the specs.

get a conroe, new motherboard. wait until dx10 comes out before u uprade videocard. get a e6600. dont get the fx now, the conroe's beat them.

The most important thing would be the grahics card. Then if you have any money left over, get 2GB of RAM.

Make sure your PSU is powerful enough when you upgrade.

i presume your CPU is a X2 3800+ ? if so you can leave it.

I wouldnt bother with the 7950X2 my friend got one and has regretted it ever since, he`s had problems with drivers and basically feels he wasted money. Id Keep your setup until the directx 10 cards are out later in november.

Although it all depends how much money you have to throw around, 2 gigs is worth getting and if money isnt a prob get a new motherboard, Core2duo E6600 etc.

---

3800+ single core.

Pah, 7600 is doing quite well, but it does have issues being SLI for some games, having dead-pixels for reasons I can't comprehend.

So, are we ooking at Processor -- Motherboard combination, or RAM?

I'll take the advice to lay off the video card, and I didn't see any mention of the sound-card, so won't bother.

As for plug and play? I apologize, I'd just grabbed those specs off X-Fire. ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom