Here you go! Awesome Budget AM2 Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking your advice and building a system from your suggestions. I got the cheapest suggestion for each part, except I'm getting a 3800. I had a similar build going but you saved me $50, and increased the performance. You are my hero.

dude i woud suggest that you get the 3600. everything i have read suggests that it overclocks better than the 90nm x2's (3800, 4200, etc). although unless you are going to get the mobo to be able to take advantage of the abilities of the 3600, the 3800 is an excellent choice. its an excellent choice in any event.

I was going to tell him to get the X2 4200 for only 5 more...but yea or the X2 3600 as it is 65nm. I didn't say this becuase I recommended any of the three. I like the 3600 or the 4200.

sora can u do the same for an Intel build? I love the build by the way! this should be stickied, but it stinks that cpus and gpus go out of date, argh!!

i was thinking that too, i was just reluctant on the mobos, and the MSI p6n overclocks doesn't it, and uh is that a higher class mobo as the Asus p5n-sli

How does the S3 compare to the MSI? Isn't the S3 pretty much the same thing as the DS3 except a bit worse quality but still a good overclocker?

Also, in April when the 4300s become $110, would that be a better buy then any AMDs unless they also have a price cut? Assuming I would overclock with a Scythe Ninja on both.

The S3 has a lower quality heatsink on it and gets pretty hot...as well as the fact that it does not support any raid at all while the DS3 does. That special 10 bucks off wont be there forever and when it isnt the MSI is a far better price being cooler, supporting 6 types of RAID and partial SLI. Both will overclock to pretty much the same thing.

For now though The S3 is a good choice if you really need to save 15 bucks which some people may.

As for April 22 when the C2D's lower the price yes the X2's will pretty much have to go even lower...If we see X2's in the 60's man there will be some powerful yet cheap builds comin out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom