here we go again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KryptoKnight

In Runtime
I had my system all thought up and ready to order, when I found out I may not be able to pay the 1900 dollars I was thinking of. I think I can go for 1200 w/o the monitor, mouse, speakers, etc. Can you guys help me out? Oh, and it's a gaming Pc that should be able to handle modern games.

7800gt 300$
AMD Opteron 170 Dual core - 370$
Lian-Li case - 120$
Some l33t psu - 80$
DVD burner - 40$
2GB OCZ ram - 215$
80GB 7200RPM - 55$
windows x64 - 140$

Dont get windows x64 theres not enough applications that run with it. That opteron 170 is $470 not $370 and if you dont wanna OC dont get an opteron and you can also get some Corsair Value Select RAM. But I dunno if you're gonna OC so if you are get the opteron 165 and some ddr 500 RAM.

Alright well try getting this stuff:

Opteron 165 $330

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D $130

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 500 RAM $200

Get one of those Antec cases with a good PSU. I dunno what one that is so ask someone.

ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink $70

Arctic silver 5 Thermal Compund $5-10

Geforce 7800gt $300

Pick a hard drive with enough space to suit your needs should be less then $80

Total: Around $1200

that's pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks, guys! by the way, can you recommend a sound card? I might be able to go a hundred above my budget.

From reading several reviews, that sound card has compatibility problems in motherboards with a nForce4 chipset (the one you have). I haven't done any extensive research, but you should do so if you want to purchase that card with that motherboard.

NathanM said:
From reading several reviews, that sound card has compatibility problems in motherboards with a nForce4 chipset (the one you have). I haven't done any extensive research, but you should do so if you want to purchase that card with that motherboard.

That was a problem but it has been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom