512 MB of DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 9250 256 MB AGP
60 GB IDE Hard drive.

I want to upgrade, and I have found some parts to buy:

Asus P5L-VM 1394 Motherboard

Apacer DDR2-533 PC2-4300 512MB RAM

Intel Pentium D 805 CPU.

In total, this comes to $442 AUD

The motherboard is.. kind of good, because it allows upgrading from the Pentium D to the new Core 2 Duo's, and since I am on a tight, and I mean really tight budget, the Pentium D isn't such a bad choice for me, and if I save up some more, and buy a Core 2 Duo, I will be able to upgrade straight away (And I will also be able to sell the Pentium D which fetches about $160 AUD). I don't need to buy a hard drive, as I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 120 GB SATA2 Hard drive, and this motherboard supports it. Also, I would probably need a power supply, as I currently only have a 250w A-Open power supply, am I right?

As for graphics, I am selling a 17" Apple LCD Studio Display, so I would be able to buy a good graphics card (PCI-E). The screen should fetch at least $200 AUD, if not more.

I just want your opinions on whether these parts are good to buy for my budget, which is $450 until I sell the screen.

Oh yeah, and I don't need a cd drive/burner, or dvd drive/burner as I already have one, same with the case, I am just thinking I need a new power supply. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Thanks for the link to that PSU, I've also found another mobo, it's very flexible with it's upgrade options. It's called ASRock 775Dual-VSTA.

yes iv seen that motherboard think my friend has it, mainly because he has an AGP card and wants to use DDR ram. What I like about the mobo is it can support DDR2 and PCI-E so gives you lots of options. He also uses a core2duo E6600 :).

Yeah, that's the mobo I'm talking about. Ok, cool, so I will be able to use my AGP card until I buy a new PCI-E card. So how do you think I would be going about buying a ChyangFun CF-7029 case with a 400w PSU? Or should I stick with just buying the 550w PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom