Help on upgrading my video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyarlathotep

Beta member
I am thinking of upgrading my video card (thinking of a radeon) and I have a question.

I have one slot for the card to go in. The one I am using with my current card (a radeon x800 pro) So IÂ’ll have to take it out to put the other in. But will the other work before I run the install disk? It would be hard to run the installation software if I have no video. I have upgraded video cards before but I donÂ’t remember if the software needed to be fully installed before you could use them.

That was the important question but I might as well ask another. Anyone know if Radeon or Nvidia is better for gaming. I always heard Radeon was the best, and its what i use, but every time I get a game it has the Nvidia logo on there.

I decided to upgrade when I got rainbow 6 Vegas and noticed it need a card that is shader 3.0 enabled. I have seen some for around $200 which is acceptable. I might get a whole new computer at the end of this year so I donÂ’t need something too big. Just something that will get me till Christmas.

You can get picture W/O any drivers installed so it doesn't matter.

The old ATI vs Nvidia debate eh? Really it just depends on your budget. Are you saying the best card under 200 bucks?

Im just saying i dont want to spend more than $200. I have blown a lot of money lately, and i plan on getting a whole new rig at the end of this year, so i dont want to put a whole lot down on a video card. This one (radeon x800 pro) was $300 i think when i first got it.

$200 is about my limit. If I can get one for cheaper thats still moderatly better then mine, I will take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom