Help tweak this interesting $1000 Gaming Computer!

it comes down to these 3 MoBos:

ASUS P8Z68-M Pro $119

or

ASUS P8Z77-V LK $144

or

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 $124

the ASRock has almost 700 reviews compared to the other 2. The ASUS z68 MoBo is a Micro ATX...idk if that matters but I have the NZXT Switch 810

I understand the z77 would be a waste since i cant use any of the features but idk...

Also is Crucial m4 really the SSD to get? I read that its one of the slowest SSDs out? or does the difference is speed not really matter and its really only about the reliability?

Out of those 3, the Z77 Asus wins the cake depending on if you want multi-GPU support later on. mATX and ATX doesn't matter unless your case specifies mATX. They are the same thing, just one board is smaller and usually has less slots to accommodate for the size of smaller cases. If you don't mind having a small board in a large case then you're good to go if that board fits your needs. If you don't have the want or need for SLI/Crossfire then the ASRock would be fine.

Crucial M4 is pretty slow IMO. I'm with TJ, I would go with the Samsung.

The M4 isn't a bad SSD, don't get me wrong. It's just not that fast. Since the prices are nearly identical, you should just go for the 830. It's fast, and as reliable as the M4.
Compared to other SATA3 drives out there it is slow to me. Compared to say, previous gen SSDs it is fast, just not the fastest thing in the world for the money.

Out of those 3, the Z77 Asus wins the cake depending on if you want multi-GPU support later on. mATX and ATX doesn't matter unless your case specifies mATX. They are the same thing, just one board is smaller and usually has less slots to accommodate for the size of smaller cases. If you don't mind having a small board in a large case then you're good to go if that board fits your needs. If you don't have the want or need for SLI/Crossfire then the ASRock would be fine.

Crucial M4 is pretty slow IMO. I'm with TJ, I would go with the Samsung.

Ok so I think im going to go with the ASRock one then. I dont really understand what you mean go with the z77 if I plan on Multi GPU..are you talking about SLI or like tri-sli because the ASRock has 2x PCIE 3.0 slots. either way im 90% sure ill never SLI. 1 Monitor is good enough for me.

I think I will go with the samsung 830 then since its the same price.

Back
Top Bottom