Help Troubleshooting Problem With Computer Case Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, if you plugged in the HD Audio connectors, you have to adjust the settings in the BIOS and change it to HD Audio. Some BIOS comes at HD Audio at default or AC97. Just depends on the BIOS. But mine, I have the AC97 plugged in and the BIOS its HD Audio and the front panels are working even though my the BIOS settings is at HD Audio and I used the AC97 connector.

Everytime you change these settings in the BIOS, you have to re-install the sound drivers that came with your mobo.

I installed the Realtec sound driver, using the Gigabyte disk that came with the motherboard. My motherboard users manual says that HD audio is the default audio on the motherboard.

I changed the plug again so the HD plug is plugged into the motherboard. I am going to try to update the BIOS. I really don't know how to do that, but I will read the owners manual on that.

Okay, you are sure that the front panel port cables are plugged in the right slot in the mobo? There are hundreds of shizzles in the mobo, kinda hard to actually find which one goes to which, I would double check first before updating the BIOS.

Also go to the BIOS and see if you can find any settings you can change about the Front Panel Audio. It should be labeled as Front Panel Audio or something like that. Sometimes you can disable them so if you dont use them, your computer will load faster if its unused/disabled.

I installed the Realtec sound driver, using the Gigabyte disk that came with the motherboard. My motherboard users manual says that HD audio is the default audio on the motherboard.

I changed the plug again so the HD plug is plugged into the motherboard. I am going to try to update the BIOS. I really don't know how to do that, but I will read the owners manual on that.

updating bios can be very hazardous since if you mess up while flashing your mobo is dead

usually its un-needed, just check gigabyte's site and see what the new bios revision does, if its something pointless that doens't effect you, stay away

Ok, I won't update the BIOS.

The plug on the motherboard I have the HD plug put into is labeled F Audio. It has 7 pins and I have it plugged in correctly. I will check to see if there is anything to disable front panal audio in the BIOS setup screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom