help spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMachine

In Runtime
My sig has my current pc specs for reference. I need to spend up to $200 (ill add just a bit more of my own money if necessary) on something from newegg. I don't know what I want or what's worth it! HELP me decide! I've been thinking of either a new processor Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops or a new video card Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4870 DK/HTDI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards .

So... I kind of want new 6000+ and maybe a headsink Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - CPU Fans & Heatsinks to go with it but my mobo has multipliers of x12 and down so i dont know if I'd be able to get a decent OC?
I'd like to play some of the newer games but my cards are weakish.

I am pretty sure the AMD 4600+ would bottleneck the 4870....I could be wrong though. You need a new video card and processor.

Honestly most amd chips will keep ya held down unless you get a 9 series quad but even then it still will. In cod4 with a 9850 amd i got about 80-110fps. Just changing over to a q9550 intel I maxed out my fps at 200 in most cases. Lowest ive seen it get now is 140. All i did was just a cpu and mainboard swap. Memory and everything else stayed the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom