help from some of the gaming intel guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
hey all, i have just finished reading alot about the specs that unreal tournament 2007 is gonna be needing to run, so i need to start planning on what the **** im gonna do to run this bad boy..

Ok so this is what my system consists of:

Asus P5LD2 Mobo
Penitum 4 3.0ghz
1 GB duel channel (533mhz) DDR2 Ram (OCZ value)
MSI NX6600GT

OK, so i know that unreal tournament will be supporting duel core support which meens having a duel core say 3.4ghz CPU will probably run this game very smooth (the game is gonna need some where between 3.2-4ghz probably) Also the game is gonna be released with a 64bit version will my mother board be able to run a 64bit CPU?

Also is their a problem with my mother board running a 65nm size rather than the 90??

The ram and the graphics cards are obviouse upgrades, but it looks like i got a pretty good base here i can run off of for a while adding odds and ends over the next 6 months to "catch" up and then when ever switch motherboards and start again...

thanks for all the patients im still fairly new to intel and how their mother boards, chipsets, sockets, and cpus all work together.

Any help appreciated (except for that go AMD, its not an option for variouse reasons)

It really depend how much money you willing to spend. If you want the ideal computer then I would wait a little bit there still some time before UR-2007 come out. Then I would pick up an Intel motherboard that can run Intel Conroe Cpus and get one of those when it comes out. In my honest opinion the Pentium-D are not that great but the conroe(core duo 2 will be the official name) look like they going to be awsome.

dude if ur getting the parts now then u definitely want an AMD dual core, its not all about numbers, an amd x2 3800+ might have 2.0GHz, but the 3800+ means its just as effective as an intel thats clocked at 3.8GHz, but thats only for gaming, which is ur purpose, everything else AMD still wins, haha. ram changed to G.skill or OCZ or Crucial or Corsair, and i for UT2007 u will definitely need 2 GB duall channel, just get a value version, they are about $150. as for card, for a UT2007 u want at least a 7900GT, or an ATI X1800. and for board, just get a MSI K8N neo4-f seeing as how ur on a tight budget, i think.:p

EDIT: but if ur buying this summer, then u definitel want an Intel Conroe, or its other name, the Core 2 Duo, or something like that.

just wait for conroe out 23rd of july so not that far off. Unless money is an issue then you could buy one of the intel dual cores which will have price reductions leading up to the new core 2 duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom