help with some choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i don't have my doctorate in mathematics but last time i checked.....

x2 = 1 Ati Hd 4870 + 1 Ati Hd 4870 = So then i guess that would mean he's getting 2 Ati Hd 4870s. Which as far as i can tell is contrary to some of your posts such as:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

In conclusion i believe that he is planning on getting 2 gpus and not one....And thus proving that OJ is could have never committed those murders. Defense rests...

Um Smart guy, I know HD 4870X2 is just two HD 4870's on one PCB. It still counts as one card, and even if he had two HD 4870X2's a Corsair 750tx is enough.

Okay i hope i'm not getting punk'd or anything but what the heck is "The 4870x2"

From my logic this means two 4870s. In which case the above statement computes to 0.0 % sense.

Please someone tell me that i'm right or just put me out of my misery.

The 4870x2 is the new card coming out in a week or so. Its two 4870s on one board, just like the 3870x2. And just like the 3870x2 it is cheaper than buying two 3870 cards. I figure that the case will be the same with the 4870x2 when it is released.

Now i don't have my doctorate in mathematics but last time i checked.....

x2 = 1 Ati Hd 4870 + 1 Ati Hd 4870 = So then i guess that would mean he's getting 2 Ati Hd 4870s. Which as far as i can tell is contrary to some of your posts such as:

In conclusion i believe that he is planning on getting 2 gpus and not one....And thus proving that OJ is could have never committed those murders. Defense rests...

The 4870x2 is one GPU. When vern and I say that we mean one card not one processor. If he was getting 2x4870x2's then yes 1000 watts would be somewhat justified.

I'm pretty set on the graphics card. The hd 4870x2 peak power requirement is 300watts. so it seems like a 750 would be ample, but yes if I do upgrade in the future to a second card then a 1000 watt would be more future proof. I'll think about it, thanks for your concerns. lol.

- Back to the question at hand.

Question 1:
- (Q6600, X48 MOB, 4 gigs of ddr3) vs. (Q6600, P45 MOB or x38, 4 gigs of ddr2)
would you spend an extra 300 hundred bucks?

Question 2:
- whats the difference between x48, x38, and p45 motherboards?

Question 3:
- There a lot of options, which would you choose?

Nice combo deal
Asus P5E3 Deluxe Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processo 2.40GHz OEM at TigerDirect.com

This board looks sexy (comes with SupremeFX II soundcard too) and ddr2 memory
Asus Maximus II Formula Motherboard - Intel P45, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, CrossFireX Ready, Dual Gigabit LAN, SPDIF, Firewire, USB 2.0, eSATA, RAID, Supreme FX X-Fi MAXIMUSIIFORMULA at TigerDirect.com
worth the price?

The Biostar I45 is getting some hype.

x48 ddr2 vs. x48 ddr3 vs. p45 ddr2 vs. x38 !??! gezz so many options any pointers.

Q1: id go with ddr2
Q2:basically features and what the motherboard has/supports (if im not mistaken, iv never really been sure about that)
Q3:id just get like a p5q pro, a q6600, and 4gigs of ddr2...make it simple with no bundles,unless you find a really good one

Yeah it seems like ddr2 is the way to go for the moment. A new motherboard upgrade is needed in the future for the new intel processors. So there is no point really to future proof the motherboard.

-If I going with a P45 chipset I think the Asus Maximus formula seems like a nicer board, comes with a creative sound card too. The
Newegg.com - ASUS Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

-for the same price or around I can get the Asus Rampage x48 board, which is also ddr2.
Newegg.com - ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

-The P5q is a p45 chipset and a older design compared to the new Maximus, for the same price minus the sound card.

Q1: id go with ddr2
Q2:basically features and what the motherboard has/supports (if im not mistaken, iv never really been sure about that)
Q3:id just get like a p5q pro, a q6600, and 4gigs of ddr2...make it simple with no bundles,unless you find a really good one

How about a Biostar I45, its got a record with an e8400 for highest FSB.

^meh, i generally try to avoid biostar because i have heard a lot of bad things about them. But none of which do i know is true

How about a Biostar I45, its got a record with an e8400 for highest FSB.

Well I've heard that yes they have a record with the I45 and e8400, but that was only proven with not the retail version of the board and tested in the biostar lab. There has been no other reviews or test to prove it on there retail boards.

-Plus biostar seems to have the worst color combination motherboards to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom