help with some choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think I've narrowed down my choices. Final thoughts?

CPU: Intel Q6600
CPU Cooler: Rifle 120mm
MOB: Asus Rampage x48
MEM: OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
GPU: HD 4870x2
PSU: SILVERSTONE ST1000 1000W
HD1: WD Velociraptor 300 gig
HD2: WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Case: Antec 900

The total price is 1479.92 + the GPU

drop to like a 520hx or 620hx...and i would get 800mhz ram. It's your choice on the velo but i wouldn't get it either.

-well considering my graphics card would use half of that power supply it does not leave me much wattage for the future.

-Why would I get slower ram. The prices on DDR2 are so low there isn't a point.

-Why wouldn't you get the hard drive? because you can't afford it? sometimes I wonder.

becuase that hdd is not worth the cash, its not even as fast as it should be. just stick with one 1tb wd and call it a day. with the ram, you could get ddr 800, because for less you can get tighter timings and get great overclockability. and you graphics card would not use half of a 1000w psu, wattage doesnt mean much, its the amps that matter. so get a 620hx or 750tx, and ull still be fine for Xfire future.

If your going to try make a mockery of our educated suggestions, go buy wateva you wanna waste money on.

Why wouldn't you get the hard drive? because you can't afford it? sometimes I wonder

um, no, i could easily afford it, that hdd is a waste of money as you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and a 7200.11 hdd and it is much more expensive then one.
-Why would I get slower ram. The prices on DDR2 are so low there isn't a point.

mhz is not everything, 1066 kits have higher timings which you would have to tighten to improve speed which would limit how much you could overclock your ram.

-well considering my graphics card would use half of that power supply it does not leave me much wattage for the future.

like baron said wattage isn't every thing, and a 4870 or 4870x2 would not come close to using half the wattage of a 1000w psu,,,,what the card says it uses is not mean that it uses that much power, it means it recommends that wattage of psu, but it is not needed.

But i don't know anything, im some noob trying to help out, go spend you money on a 1000w psu, and a velo hdd,

make sure u get the mounting bracket for the rifle, it doesn't come with it... i hear the pushpins suck

um, no, i could easily afford it, that hdd is a waste of money as you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and a 7200.11 hdd and it is much more expensive then one.

mhz is not everything, 1066 kits have higher timings which you would have to tighten to improve speed which would limit how much you could overclock your ram.

like baron said wattage isn't every thing, and a 4870 or 4870x2 would not come close to using half the wattage of a 1000w psu,,,,what the card says it uses is not mean that it uses that much power, it means it recommends that wattage of psu, but it is not needed.

But i don't know anything, im some noob trying to help out, go spend you money on a 1000w psu, and a velo hdd,

God the nerve of some people Luke...

and you're right dude, he's treating you like some noob or something

He'd also be cool with an PC Power cooling s610 or Corsair 650tx/750tx

I still think the I45 is the best option for the motherboard.

Well I've heard that yes they have a record with the I45 and e8400, but that was only proven with not the retail version of the board and tested in the biostar lab. There has been no other reviews or test to prove it on there retail boards.

-Plus biostar seems to have the worst color combination motherboards to date.

Intel C2D E8600 E0 First Look and Biostar P45 OC 612MHz on Air!!! - TweakTown Forums

They reached 612mhz on air with the I45 which is allot better than the 525mhz tom's hardware was able to get from the P5Q-E.

- i said half of the wattage produced by the two you recommended. a 550 and 620 watt. No way in **** the card would use half of a 1000 watt.

- second im not calling anyone a noob or whatever. I'm just getting highly annoyed at comments like
"waste of money. duh like everyone in the world knows this ram is better."
-example don't quote me.
-A nice explanation about the mhz is higher etc.... helps. like above, instead of just spitting out a blunt computer part.

DDR3 is a waste, I saw you said 4 gigs for only 300 bucks??? My ram is slwoer (800mhz which is still fast), and on Tiger they are 25 bucks for 1 gig dual channell. get 4 of those and u can handle anything at a third of the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom