Help with selecting a laptop

Spud5437

In Runtime
My mate is after a new laptop but doesn't want to spend big as she is building a new PC in around 6-8 months when their new house is build and they have the room.
She is an architect and will use the laptop for AutoCAD and Photoshop as well as day to day internet and that kind of thing.

Can anyone recommend a laptop to buy in the UK that will do the above but won't break the bank?
A few different price ranges would be great!

I know google could help a lot but I know very little about laptops and I always prefer advice from experts when I don't know enough.

Thanks in advance for any help

Well, any modern laptop can do that stuff but the question is how fast is she looking to do these things? I mean, I wholly recommend an i7 based laptop without dedicated graphics to keep the price down but even that could be pricey.

Both those programs need a little faster CPU or it will be choppy. Like the above post I recommend an i5 or i7. Dont be fooled by some laptops though. I've seen some PoS laptops with i5's. In all honestly Expect to spend $650+ USD, and even at that price its bare minimum.

Thanks guys.
I understand what you guys are saying so I think it should be at least middle of the road and able to run that kind of those things easily.
I got talking to her again and she is willing to spend around £450 - £500

Back
Top Bottom