help, problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzh

In Runtime
I just built my brothers computer, and he was playing for a small while and sometimes gets an error.

something along the lines of

"your computer is shutting down, windows will now close"

or something, and his computer restarts, now i thought it may have been a corrupt windows install, or possibly drivers, so we reformatted and he still gets it, same drivers though (from the hardware cd's).

i haven't seen it for myself as i don't live with him, but i have no idea of what it is.. i think he says its a blue screen, and as far as i know its only happened ingame. (cod4/wow).

i'm not sure if its a hardware problem or software, i'm guessing software, when we built his new computer we used his old HD from his old computer and reformatted it, put a fresh windows install on and then new drivers, could it be that?

sorry i don't have anymore information, but help is appreciated as this is his christmas present.

heres his specs;

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 2GHz Socket 775 800MHz FSB L2 1MB Cache Retail Box Processor
Arctic Cooling AC-FRZ-7P Freezer 7 Pro Socket 775 Processor Cooler
Crucial Ballistix 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 CL3 2.1 V unbuffered
Corsair VX 550W PSU - 120mm Fan, 5 Year Warranty - Ebuyer
Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer
Antec900 case

Take out a stick of ram, often times one bad stick will cause the system to act funny under strain. It could also be that your hard drive is starting to go, or that your system is simply too hot. Pretty much, there are a lot of things that could cause this...

Okay, i'll try online drivers for? the only drivers are on are GFX and Mobo.

other than that i'll try see how hot it is, and mess with the RAM.

Thanks for the help, anymore is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom