Help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
Ok, so I'm STILL having problem with my computer not posting. I've tried a new mobo AND a new PSU and can't seem to find the problem. Its not the RAM, CPU or GPU b/c those all worked in diff systems. Any ideas?

:S the only part left untested is the HD then. Maybe a corrupted windows install? I can't see that making it not post though.. Try testing the HD in another pc, maybe format it.

Do all the fans turn on?

Make sure everything is plugged in properly - it sounds basic but i know i have forgotten things and it hasnt posted.

Also try using different slots, and combinations for the ram. Sometime you can get dud slots.

if it is the HD, what os are you using?
Theres a known issue that if you install vista, then try to install XP over it, it corrupts you HD.

thanks for all the help, i tried switching around the ram to diff slots, and only using one stick, etc...no no avail. all the fans do turn on when i press the power button. and ive used XP pro since the beginning with no other OS installed. im 99.99% sure everything's plugged in properly. There's no 4-pin molex alt power supply on the mobo, so i know im not missing that. other than that i have the cpu power plugged in, the 24pin main power, the gpu power, all the fans, HDD, and dvd drives.

any other suggestions?

i dont mean to insult your intelligence, but u asked for any suggestions. U did use the motherboard stand-offs when constructing the system, didnt you? and just try resetting the bios after everything is hooked up.

Whenever this happens to my pc it's because the SATA cable on the HD fell off, try checking too see if your SATA cable is connected well onto your HD.

i dont mean to insult your intelligence, but u asked for any suggestions. U did use the motherboard stand-offs when constructing the system, didnt you? and just try resetting the bios after everything is hooked up.

do you mean just popping out the CMOS battery or like, flashing the BIOS and reinstalling it?

Does it beep when you turn it on? Or does it make several beeps?

If the fans turn on then your PSU is supplying power. And yes try unplugging the power chord, then take out the cmos battery, wait 30seconds, and then put it back in. That will clear the cmos, but still may not work.

Have you just set this up, or where you trying to overclock or something??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom