help picking out parts to build computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? They hit 4.4GHz easily! If you OC the CPU of course it doesn't run at stock speed, that's the point of OC...

@farinha thats my point you still have to overclock witch:
1) invalidates your warranty
2)risks making the computer unstable or killing the processor
3) not every one wants to overclock because of the risks or they don't know how.

im sorry but if your just looking for stock speed (the speed at witch intel/AMD retail it at) you may as well just go ahead and buy the i7/i5 or i3 thats out now. however if you do wish to overclock then @farinha is right wait until the new ones are out.

hope this has explains what i meant
gunzidiot

Sorry but have you read the reviews? They are comparing the stock i7 2600k with the stock i7 980x. The i7 2600k is a lot cheaper and when it isn't better than i7 980x it didn't stayed behind by much. So, even at stock speed, I would definitely buy the i7 2600k

If its not a cpu intensive use.

2600k all the way.

Infact theres no effort in ocing a SB at all. Everything is tied to the cpu so its a joke to do.

Also. A heavy overclocked 2600k (4.6-4.8Ghz) uses about the same power as a stock 950!

Gunz you can perfer AMD but theyve been behind the ball since the Athlon series. Bulldozer better be spectacular, cause SB blows even the x6 away.

And what does AMD has to do with the discussion in hand? Instead of confusing the OP just be quiet if you don't have anything useful to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom