*Help* picking I5 components.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too concerend with Sata6 or usb 3 since I rarely use periphs.

Looking for the best, stable one out for Gigabyte in that range.

Well sata 6gbs are what future hard drives are going to be standard, unless you count hard drives are peripherals. Same thing with USB 3.0, everything is going to be it, eventually. So why not go with the curve early?

I dont want sata 6 or usb 3 because when all my other items are finally up to that standard, it will be time for me to buy a new mobo anyways.

Really just need help picking between the two boards, or equivalent.

Don't care about sata 6 or usb 3 so it doesn't have to be included.

Well the one Fat Clown linked is probably the best, regardless of the usb3.0. It only has two slots for that anyways, along with 8 2.0s. Could find something cheaper, but not from gigabyte or asus AND be good quality.

Ok got it down to my final two selections, need help on which one:

1. Newegg.com - Open Box: GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3R LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

It's a little older, doesn't have sata 6 or usb 3 (not major for me). Reviews are positive and seems like a good overclocker. Pretty positive so far with good benchmarking for the 750.

2. Newegg.com - Open Box: GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Newer, has sata 6 usb 3. Not as many reviews. May not be a better overclocker. Concern about the USB intefering with the ePCI cards.

1. or 2.?

I would grab the p55a, even though i agree and usb3/sata3 wont be needed until well after you'll need a new build its not open box and the only real difference is that the R has esata and another regular pci slot.

Ok, so I'm gonna skip on the open box idea for an extra $10 or $20 and buy new...Thanks for the advice, sometimes I can't see the forest from the trees.

Which means another board comes into play.

Final decision time:

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD4 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - has VRM

or

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

I'm holding the line at $140....of course if there is an Asus board that is BETTER than those two for $140 or less, I may be interested.

I think you should take slay's advice and fork out a little more for the mobo, remember, if the gigabyte board is faulty you'll probably end up buying another one anyway, thus spending more than you ever wanted to

Agreed.

Just need to decide between the two around $140.

The UD3 doesn't have as many reviews, but the UD4 is a micro board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom