Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan91

Beta member
My Computer Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ
768 RAM
40 GB Hard Drive'
nVidia GeForce 5200 FX 128 MB (Sucks Horribly)

I'm thinking about upgrading my computer, what should I consider upgrading to play big time games? I want also a new video card, which one should I get? can be either PCI or AGP, how much more RAM should I get and what about the processor?

Ok big time games at max settings you will need a 8800gts(depends on resolution which ram version you get) or 8800gtx. those are the best two videocards currently on the market which is pci-express

I would think that you will need a completely new system this is what i would suggest without knowledge of a budget

Mobo: AW9D-Max
Cpu: e6400 or e6600 (depends on budget)
Ram: G-skill 2gb ddr2
video card: as above (if u wait until mayish there will be a full range of 8 series cards.
Psu: antec 500w
Harddrive: 320gb seagate barracuda
optical drive: one from current pc

If you give a budget the guys here will help you choose the optimum build for you, building saves you alot of money compared to main brand

I just earn about 62 Dollars a month so I'm going to get stuff piece by piece, anyways what should I focus on getting first? RAM, the video card? or what?

Would it make a difference?

Edit: Anyways, I'm thinking about rebuilding and buy part by part, should I get the RAM first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom