Help for a newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellevendy

Baseband Member
i need a better graphics card but i'm only 16 and i have no job.
so basically it has to be cheap.
i've heard that the GeForce 8800 is an often recommended graphics card. but if i were to get something cheaper would it really be much worse?
Like say a 7300?
I just need something that WILL RUN Age of Conan. It doesn't have to be top notch ultra awesome looking. But right now i basically don't even have a graphics card... Age of Conan won't even open on my computer because of it.
At least that's what some people said after they asked for my "dxdiag" on an AoC thread.

i need a better graphics card but i'm only 16 and i have no job.
so basically it has to be cheap.
i've heard that the GeForce 8800 is an often recommended graphics card. but if i were to get something cheaper would it really be much worse?
Like say a 7300?
I just need something that WILL RUN Age of Conan. It doesn't have to be top notch ultra awesome looking. But right now i basically don't even have a graphics card... Age of Conan won't even open on my computer because of it.
At least that's what some people said after they asked for my "dxdiag" on an AoC thread.

The screen resolution can pretty much determine what card you should get.

You can get a 9600GT for a little over $100.

edit: You should give your ram amount and type (2GB DDR2 800 for example) and Processor type and speed.

edit2: A 7300 is no match for an 8800 by any means but you should know that its not really about the numbers. 9600GT isn't nearly as good as an 8800GTS. Still, give more information or its really hard to recommend anything.

edit3: You should always get the recommended card for a game because even that generally won't run it at full settings. The minimum requirements are generally BARELY able to play the game.

Having said that "NVIDIA GeForce 7950GTX or equivalent" is what they recommend. Minimum you need Shader Model 2.0 and 128mb of vram. Can you give a general price range? $25, $50, $100? You also need at least a 3GHZ single core processor and 1GB ram minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom