Help: New build won't POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portland Newb

Baseband Member
Just built a new computer for a fiend and when I turn on the power... no POST. Nothing. Power is on - motherboard LED is on... it just doesn't even begin to POST.

The MB is a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R. Is there anything to try before disassembling everything and re-seating the CPU?

Any help appreciated.

Take a real close look at the board diagram found in the manual that comes along with the board and poke around the small block of pins on the board itself to see if you misplaced any wires like those for the power and reset buttons. That will do it every time if you got them plugged in on the wrong pins or criss crossed.

That's the first idea before any panic hits like finding the board is bad and needs to be sent back. A simple miswire is easier to live with while an rma is a royal pain...!

The other item is simply unplugging and only lightly replugging the cpu feed back in until the retainers click inplace. Once in awhile you can run into a loose contact inside that as well as any other.

First thing I would check is the power connector on the mobo. My last power supply was a real pain to connect to it and would pop out if it wasn't all the way in.

Yeah check all the power connectors make sure there all plugged in right and tight along with that you might wanna check your ram take them out and re install it it might be a little loose. I remember when i built this rig the comp would not post but it was showing power was on and going to my motherboard took out the ram put it back in solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom