Help with new build....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodonebales

In Runtime
Hey guys, Riznarf and I finished putting together a new rig last night, as some of you probably already know. Anyway, after a few setbacks, we got Windows installed, everything seemed to be going fine. At this point, I went to bed, and left Riznarf on his own (bad idea.... jk, Riznarf!) He put in the motherboard drivers cd, it's a Gigabyte P35-DS3R. Well, the mouse and keyboard stopped working altogether, and it appears as if no USB ports work at all. Other than that though, the computer boots fine, gets into Windows, etc.....Ideas?

I have that same board and there is an option in the bios to turn usb keyboard/mouse on and off, make sure that is enabled.

Yeah, I know, I changed that setting already....so the keyboard and mouse work in BIOS, but as soon as Windows starts, they stop working....and a different kb/mouse combo didn't work as well, in any USB port...

When you put in the USB keyboard and mouse, does a message pop up, in the bottom right, where the system tray is? What does it say? Do you have drivers for these input devices, even though Windows has it's own.

When you put in the USB keyboard and mouse, does a message pop up, in the bottom right, where the system tray is? What does it say? Do you have drivers for these input devices, even though Windows has it's own.

Nope, no message....doesn't seem to even be getting any power, since when I plugged a different one in, no lights came on, no message, no nothing.

Drivers? Ummm....I do not. But how would I install them without using a keyboard or mouse anyways?

In any case, doesn't it seem to be a problem with the motherboard/USB ports, not the actual input devices? Just seems to make sense since they stopped working as soon as he installed the motherboard drivers...

Have you tested them out, on another computer's USB ports? I think this happened to me once. And the way it was solved, was that they were plugged in the USB ports, I restarted the computer, and they started working.

The keyboard and mouse work. That's not the problem. They even work in the bios, and worked before in Windows. I tried them in a different computer and they worked. It's just the drivers that came with the motherboard messed it all up and I can't install new drivers or anything because I can't use my keyboard and mouse....

You did run the motherboard drivers right? Have you tried any other usb devices just to see if maybe the usb drivers arent working?

*edit* try booting it up in safe mode and uninstalling the usb drivers.

So install all the new drivers, with a regular keyboard and mouse, and then try the USB devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom