Help with a new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nvidia 7600gt is another good mid range video card if you want to save some money.

BTW: Please refrain from starting another Nvidia vs. ATI thread. There are enough of them as it is.

lol there are more things he has to buy for a computer
such as hard drives and cd/dvd drives
and he might need windows xp which runs from like 70-130 depending on what edition.

these add at least 200 - 250 more if you go with low end on both the HDD and cd/dvd and go with home edition(which i wouldnt suggest) for his windows OS

qdldog said:
i wouldnt recomend getting an nvidia graphics card..there are more expensive than a ati and not half as good..i know from experience about that to..but don't and a all in wonder cause there tv tuners blow up in days and you risk getting your computer fried to...i have a aiw 9600pro and the tv tuner on it fried out in just a few weeks after purchase....

dude u cant buy 1 card from nvidia, and just because that ONE card that YOU bought sucked, doesnt mean EVERYTHING else does, and same goes for ATI. You are by far the most narrow minded ignorant fool that ever ventured on this forum, maybe, but ur very close. You cant judge a brand by 1 dud that you happened to buy. Nvidia and ATI are neck-n-neck, and they cost almost the same. the 7900GTX and X1900XTX are each better at certain games, but in general its a tie.

john3 said:
dude u cant buy 1 card from nvidia, and just because that ONE card that YOU bought sucked, doesnt mean EVERYTHING else does, and same goes for ATI. You are by far the most narrow minded ignorant fool that ever ventured on this forum, maybe, but ur very close. You cant judge a brand by 1 dud that you happened to buy. Nvidia and ATI are neck-n-neck, and they cost almost the same. the 7900GTX and X1900XTX are each better at certain games, but in general its a tie.
yea actually i have talked to people that work at microsoft, vista testers, and tons of non n00bs and most of them say to use ati..but if you want to have a crappy g/c than be my guest, don't bother me a bit..and i NEVER have used a g-force(i don't like buying a g/c that is walmart's brand of choice) and i don't ever plan on using one...

and a 100 buck nvidia is equal to a 80buck ati(and that is a proven fact most of the matter except for n00bs that HAVE NO IDEA what they are doing)!!!!

tehdigit said:
im not quite sure how to take this.

quite frankly nvidia has much better gpu's then ATI

sure there are exceptions but on a whole nvidia has the "best bang for the buck"

if you want to explain why you think ati is better then go for it

oh yeh if you want to stay under 800 im not sure you can afford to get a 7900gt and a decent amd64
that bang for your buck is banging your head a little to hard cause really nvidia's gpu is equal to like half of ati's , i don't care if they are cheaper but you are realy getting junk for how much you pay..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom