help needed :D - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2006, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default help needed :D

ok so i have jsut been given a PC which is running windows 98, so i think meh must be kinda **** then i find it has inside

ABIT BX133 RAID mobo
512MB ram
all the other standard stuff. what excites me is the mobo i hear its very good and very good for OC'in

now before i start anything the first thing i want to do is to install XP. however this is not possible without "3rd party RAID drivers on disk" so... heres what ive found (ive enevr used or worked with RAID before)

MOBO sumary -

set of drivers ive found (click on file list tab to see whats in the .zip) -

what i want to know is, is this what the winXP installation is askin for, is this the right driver? and how do i load this in xp installation, do i have to make a bootable floppy or can i use CD ????

help would be much appreciated

Old 12-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

I wouldn't install XP on it if I were you. How big is your harddrive? I can't imagine one that came with a PIII could be good enough.

I have an old system with PIII (originally 600Mhz but now a 1.7Ghz), 512MB RAM, 10GB harddrive. Installed XP on it and it became unmanageable. Very slow booting, very slow everything. Newer games would run but not at any acceptable framerate.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

well i have many harddrives including a 250GB one so size isnt an issue and i have some spare RAM too and i also plan to OC the CPU, but about the drivers? are they ok how do i install etc..?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Console Gamer
Send a message via AIM to fade2black2004

when i installed xp i didnt need any radi drivers
Old 12-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

im trying to install tinyXP rev 05 a modifed XP with SP2 intergrated, the RAID drivers i need to install are "HighPoint 370"
Closed Thread