help needed with buying a computer & graphics card from Best Buy.

More features that you may want later. The biggest being the ability to overclocked a few years from now if you ever need it. The H81 board provides everything you need now, but doesn't allow overclocked of K series processors.

So here is the deal man .. instead of getting the gtx 980 ..ill get a single gtx 970 for now but late im gonna want to throw in another 970 through SLI .. i researched the motherboard u told me about nd i think i doesnt support sli .. can u recommend a motherboard thats not too expinsive and supports SLI?

Ooh srry man never mind, i juss noticed the 2nd mother board u told me about will do the job. Now i got another question, do u think 2x gtx 970 will be better over a single 980 and wikk the i5 4670k 3.4 ghZ be able to hanfle that sli setup?

970 SLI is pretty overkill right now for you so I wouldn't worry about that until you actually need it. You'll find that this setup is a substantial difference compared to what you are running now.

O wooow thats craazi .. so if i get the 980 will it work on processor i told u about and with older motherboard? The h81ma ? Another thing i dont wanna get the 980 ... is there a huge difference between the 2 ?? Im trying to play assassins creed unity it comes out man i dont wanna have to do changes again

I play most all games on ultra settings with a 4GB 680, and the 980 is literally 2x the performance. A 970 is only slightly slower than that so I'd be safe to say that you will have no issues running these games with your new 1080p monitor.

The i5 is also about 3x more performance in games than your current CPU, so no you won't have any issues. IF you wanted to go 980, the motherboard and CPU choice is perfectly fine. If you ever want to do SLI later for whatever reason the 4670k won't hold it back and you'll need a Z87 or Z97 board to do so. Just check with me to make sure everything is dice.

Also, AC Unity is locked at 30fps. The 970 will have no issues there.

Also, don't ever be afraid to upgrade as that's all part of the game. It's one of the reasons why PC gaming is so much better than console gaming. Need more performance for that extra bit of AA? Pop a new graphics card in if the wallet permits.

Seen .. yeaaa man ill deff go with the 970 .. not trying to spend too much money now .. least i can do is put the z87/z97 this way if i decide to go SLI i wouldnt have to change mother board .. but let me ask u these motherboards will also take the single 970 for now right ?

Just make sure the MB can do both SLI and crossfire, I've seen a few that only do crossfire (it's the same as SLI but for AMD cards) not sure if the Z87 or Z97 have the limitations but I've seen a few boards still like that.

Back
Top Bottom