Help, My mobo keeps shorting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

sierramist

Beta member
Hi,

I recently tried to build a new pc, but when i try to start it, the fans turn on for 1/2 of a second and then stop. I think this means that my motherboard is shorting out. I made sure the screws were not too tight but nothing is working. It still shorts out. Does anyone know how i can fix this.

I have a ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE Mother board and a AMD FX 62 Dual core processor.

Thank you

i know its a pain, but try rebuildin it.. is ur PSU shuttin off ? INFACT, try buildin it out of the case.. just PSU, mobo, CPU, ram.. see if it runs (u may need to hook the power switch from the case up aswell) if no id say u have a dodgy MOBO.

no my psu is not shutting off, i used a paper clip on the 24 hole connector and touched the green wire and a black wire and all the fans started fine. But when i plug the 24 hole connector into the mobo and hit the power button the fans come on for 1/2 of a second and then it shorts out

well u seem to know more than I do TBH if ur messin with paperclips and bridgin wires lol, seems that the issue is either the plug or the socket.. u need another PSU to test, then you know for certain. BUT i must admit uv lost me a bit with the paperclip :/

Lol, The paper clip was not my idea it was a friends and i think my psu is working fine if i can turn of the fans and LED's with it.

id say its a DOA mobo then... only prob is that u could do with bein certain, sending it back means waitin for em to test it etc. it could be the plug on the power supply that causin the short.. ask ur m8 if u can test it with his, if it still shorts out then u know for certain. something is definately shortin the mobo out, but is it the plug or the socket.. u need to test.

I think i get what u did with the paperclip.. u bypassed the mobo yeah ?

id still be tempted to rebuild it (barebones) outside the case.

I dont think its the power supply because the power supply is able to power the fans and LED's.
You are correct. I shorted out (bypassed the mobo) the power supply.

I think i might take the mobo out of the case and run it. That way i'll know if the case is shorting out the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom